Sign in to follow this  
GrumpyMuffin

Target Lock on a Phantom

Ive been looking for this rule (if any) for a while.

"Can another ship target lock a cloaked phantom?"

Yes, you can target lock a cloaked phantom.  Nothing in the cloak rules stops target locks.  All that having a cloak token does for you is give you 2 extra agility and keep you from attacking (also the fun stuff that happens when you spend it).

I figured that was the case.  Logically though, it should be a natural thought provoker.  If the ship is cloaked and FFG tries to recreate that by adding +2 evade dice and during decloak, you have to move with the 2 template (straight or bank, depending on pilot) to simulate not knowing its exact location, then should a ship, realistically, be able to lock onto it?

I figured that was the case.  Logically though, it should be a natural thought provoker.  If the ship is cloaked and FFG tries to recreate that by adding +2 evade dice and during decloak, you have to move with the 2 template (straight or bank, depending on pilot) to simulate not knowing its exact location, then should a ship, realistically, be able to lock onto it?

There's nothing to stop you from getting a target lock on a hard to see, cloaked ship. Hitting it is another story.

The person I was playing with claimed that you can't target lock a cloaked phantom that is was erratted /clarified online, is this true or BS?

Total BS. No such clarification or errata exists.

Jim