Sign in to follow this  
boow

wave 4, how many of each?

Can someone help with a good breakdown of what I should get if I get 10 wave 4 ships?

I'll start with 1 each of course.  I play rebels/imperials fairly equally.

I just havent had time to research the point values of the ships or what upgrade cards come with which ship...

So any ideas?, 2 each and then 2 more of something else? Are some of the news ship so expensive point wise, i'd probably only need one of them?

You won't need more than

8 z-95s,
4 phantoms
3 e-wings
3 defenders...

BUT -
6 z-95s with missiles.
Phantoms will be expensive to kit out - so really 3 maximum there...
E-wing and Defender, maybe 2 each for a list...

So - i would probably go 2 each of e-wing, defender, phantom  and 4 z-95s  - if I were dead set on buying exactly 10 ships...

You'll need the most Z-95s. 2 Phantoms is probably as many as you could ever need. They're not nearly so good in Epic.

The E-Wing and the Defender, that's up to you. Both come with good upgrades, and are expensive ships.

It really comes down to taste. I personally ordered the ships in this quantity:

4 Z95's

3 E-Wings

3 Tie Defenders

4 Tie Phantoms

I tend to fill out every ship to field a 100pt list of just that ship. The only ship I'm short on here is the Z's but over time I will fill them in to 8. The community seems to build list of only 2 Phantoms, so that should be enough there. Both the Defender and E-Wing come with upgrade cards you'll want multiple of in Tactician, Advance Sensors, Out Maneuver and Predator. so if I was limited to just 10 ships I would order as such

2 Z95's

2 Tie Phantom

3 E-wing

3 Tie Defender

I love the idea of 100 points per ship. Ideally you want

4 phantoms

3 defenders

3 e-wings

8 z95s

However on a budget of 10 ships,

1 Defender (I don't think in 100 points more are practical)

2 phantoms (it is pushing it with 2 at a base of 25 points each but it could work with 4 TF)

2 E-wings (the advance sensers is worth the cost of the ship alone and needed for phantoms if you did not buy a shuttle)

5 z95 (There are some exciting builds with 5 z95s seeing it is 60 points with missiles a bit more)

Now the only thing I might switch is 1 more defender, 1 less z95, if your running the upgrade cards from it. Though with a box of rebel aces 2 retro fit (30) a-wings and 5 z95s (60) is going to be an amazing list to play with.

Edited by Cubanboy

Personally, if I were buying 10 then I'd go for:

4x Z-95 Headhunter

2x E-Wing

2x TIE Defender

2x TIE Phantom

The only reason I could think of for doing anything else is if you have a very specific build in mind. If you absolutely want to field a list of just E-Wings/TIE Defenders/TIE Phantoms then switch out one of the Headhunters for whichever you want to run a pure list of.

4x Z-95

2x E-Wing

2x Phantom

2x Defender

Picking them up today!

That's what I'm getting. It seemed like the most reasonable amount to buy....and then I won an E and a Z on the Imdaar weekend.

Once I get a feel for how the ships fly I might pick up one more Phantom and Defender for Epic play and the upgrade cards.

Edited by zathras23

Thanks all for the suggestions. All teh support for the Z95s seems reasonable, due to it being the cheapest ship for squad building.

I guess i'm not really limited to 10 ships only.  I just know a few websites have ships for $10, and free shipping if you buy 10...