Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HappyDaze

July 3...

49 posts in this topic

Amazon has a delivery date of the 6th if you preordered.  I don't know if I will have the funds for a few more weeks got other considerations I have to take into account.  Probably will pick it up the same time I get F&D beta if things work out where it comes out in September as I hope it will.

Now we just need a final release date for Arda, specialization decks, the first rules supplement...more announcements! ;)

Looks like I might not be getting the same luck that I had with EotE books, alas.  Guess I'm going to have to drink beer instead of reading this holiday weekend.

Hooray! That means I only need to wait about one more week for two weeks of shipping to Canada to begin! :P

Strangely enough, I was thinking of going to Canada over that long weekend - mostly so I can pick up some of those awesome Ketchup potato chips (and in fact, not Star Wars books).

2P51 likes this

Strangely enough, I was thinking of going to Canada over that long weekend - mostly so I can pick up some of those awesome Ketchup potato chips (and in fact, not Star Wars books).

They have those in Canada? The only place I've ever seen them was Qatar... and maybe Kyrgyzstan, but I don't remember.

So I might have spoken too soon; I just received my shipping notice from my preferred seller, looks like I might see this quickly but probably not before Saturday.

Kager likes this

They have those in Canada? The only place I've ever seen them was Qatar... and maybe Kyrgyzstan, but I don't remember.

Yeah, they have more corporate Lays chips and more artisan brands like Kettle chips (or a close approximation). The little brands are suppose to be much much better than the Lays - but I think the Lays chips are pretty **** tasty anyway.

Also, apparently you can get them on Amazon. . . .

Edited by Desslok

Yeah, they have more corporate Lays chips and more artisan brands like Kettle chips (or a close approximation). The little brands are suppose to be much much better than the Lays - but I think the Lays chips are pretty **** tasty anyway.

Also, apparently you can get them on Amazon. . . .

I think I'll go buy some Simba Tomato Sauce Chips and think of you guys while eating them.

Our group got ours yesterday. All I have to say is, the picture of Alderaan is to die for and I love the Trandoshan pimp, er, information broker.

If I'm brutally honest... I'm not sure I needed this as I own the EoE core book and the AoR Beta book.

Chapters I, III, IV, V, VI are pretty much the same.  Same pictures from equipment as in EoE even.

The new info (careers, ships, adversaries) is mostly in the Beta book and the updates.  

There's new world information, and a chapter (XI) on the Rebellion, showing the military ranks and other stuff, which was the part I found the most useful.

Don't regret the purchase though - there's some new art (including EoE pregen character Sasha sitting wistfully on a speeder bike) and production values are as high as you'd expect from FFG.

The screen is basically the same as the EoE one.  The adventure is by Keith Kappel, so we're in safe hands there, it's as good as you'd expect.  Has a very 'scum & villainy' feel, pretty much an EoE/AoR crossover.  Haven't fully read the squad rules yet but they seem good.

KRKappel likes this

Got mine today, and if I'm also honest, I am pretty disappointed.  :angry:

There wasn't a single change from beta to core book in the careers.  I thought some of them could have used more balancing (*cough*gunner*cough*) and the Foresee force power needed to be better.

If you have the beta book, and the core EotE, I see no reason to purchase this at all.  :(

There's some new world write ups, but I have the Atlas already.  I guess I look forward to reading the new campaign info towards the back, and I think there's a new adventure, but otherwise, pretty lackluster for a $60 purchase. 

Am I the only one disappointed this much?  Maybe I had too high of expectations for "new" material?

*Edit: The artwork IS fantastic, I have to say.  I just flipped through it as soon as I got it to look at all the pretty pictures.

Edited by OgreBane99