Sign in to follow this  
Ribann

How much money have you spent on X-Wing?

$457 is just a scratching on the surface.

That is such a true statement.. lol.. I think I'm around double that number, but I did get some for cheap too.. so.. could have been worse.. 

that's for ships and plano boxes and third party items too.. 

Roughly speaking, how much money have you dropped on this game?

All my ships, tackle boxes, 3-ring binder, plastic pocket sheets for cards, card sleeves, game mats/boards, money to enter tournaments....I've spent approx.....

~$457

inb4 "too much"

Now let's see:

2,5 x Core set of aprox. 300 DKR = 750 kr

26  x Small/single Expansions of 120 DKR each = 3120 kr

2 Imperial Aces of 240 DKR = 480 kr

6 x Large Ships of 240 DK = 1440 kr

1 Transporter fo aprox 400 DKR

1 Tantive IV to aprox 580 DKR

A grand total of aprox. 6700 DKR equalling around 1200 USD

Add to that: 2 BatteFoam PACKS, custom foams, templates from AppliedPerspective and Templates/tokens from TeamCovenant, 3 mats from Gale Force 9, driving, food and fun money from tournament participations, printing of shirts (including. both gaming group shirts and FLy Casual shirt) and we end up at a hefty price.

Value of all the fun hours with the most brilliant bunch of people playing this brilliant SW game:

PRICELESS!!!!!

Edited by Forensicus

if you choose only one side, you will save some money...

play with friends (no need of multiple copies of the same upgrade) and you'll save some money...

buy with a friend a second core set so you will have more ships spending less...

buy what you think you will need...

it is just funny not mandatory to have 4 x-wing... 3 are ok... the same for others ships...

obviously this is just my opinion!

currently I've spent almost 360$ (considering wave 4 preorder), having a lot of ships of both factions !

Sure you could do it your way.. just doesn't work for me. I'm the guy with the Star Wars game.. so I need enough for my game group to run 2 games.. so 3 X wings don't cut it.. I have 7.. and 15 TIEs.. 10 Squints.. you get the picture.. 

another friend has all we need to play Attack Wing.. so we have a system, and I also got a few people into the game and bought a starter for them and an X wing and TIE expansion so they could have more ships.. but when I go over, I still provide most of the stuff to play.. if I had my druthers, I might have stuck to buying just Empire.. but then I'd need to buy the Rebels for upgrades I didn't get in Imperial ships.. FFG is making good money due to certain decisions they have made on this one.. but I'm not mad about it.. I just have a lot of ships.. and I'm ok with that.. lol

Actually only about $650 US. I have one each of wave 4, prob get at least 1 more of each, and need to get tantive yet. Otherwise I've got a great collection. 1 each of the large ships and 3-4 of each of the smalls including the aces set and the transport. Its still waaayyyy less than my Imperial Guard for that other game(approaching $5000-$6000). X-Wing is waaayyy better than that other game too.

Edited by Old Adept

Too much - or is it not enough? I can't decide which.

Core set NZ$65, 2 big ships @ NZ$45 each and 11 small ships @ NZ$25 each plus dice and storage comes to exactly NZ$463. But I'm still waiting for wave 4 ships to arrive so that'll take it up by another NZ$50. Which looking at those that are into 4 digits now, isn't so bad.  :)

About $800 pre-wave4 and Rebel Aces (no pre-orders for me!). This includes about 32 small ships, two Firesprays and one of each other large and huge ship as well as two 3x3 thick 8mm raw HDF boards, spray paints for the bards and ship bases, two tool boxes for storage, some binders for cards, bunch of rare earth magnets for replacement stands...

Not nearly enough!

10351656_10203808912213826_8092160865607 

I think at the moment i'm arround 400 € but it is only the surface because i provide everything for friends to play with them.

But like someone else was saying here the fun we had is priceless.

What you are going to tell your wife or girlfriend how much this hobby costs when she asked? Was thinking to tell Girlfirend when she ask one ship = 5 € xD

Threads like these just show how cheap stuff is in USA, if you guys paid the same as us in the uk it would be...

$20.37 for each small ship

$42.47 for each large ship, falcon slave etc and aces pack.

I have 1 core, 24 small expansions and 4 large, an aces set and the transport. I've spent about $950 usd

Almost everything I've bought has been on sale, or VIA in-store credit for trading in Magic: The Gathering cards - so I've really only spent $300-$400 on the game out of pocket, though I've actually received closer to $900 in merchandise.  

Almost everything I've bought has been on sale, or VIA in-store credit for trading in Magic: The Gathering cards - so I've really only spent $300-$400 on the game out of pocket, though I've actually received closer to $900 in merchandise.  

Trading one habit for another!

I have told myself that I'll never tally it otherwise I'd stop playing...but then curiosity got the better of me. Roughly $630, taking Wave 4 into account later this week. I lucked out a little bit as I got my two core sets for dirt cheap since Target had them on clearance ($20 for the pair), and some of my stuff I've gotten with store credit, so that's nice, too.

Still need to get a 3x3 mat though...And another bomber...And a shuttle...And...

Around $800 on core sets and expansions and dice, maybe $100 on various tackle boxes, $40 on a nice mat, $16 on cheap felt mats, $50 on paint pens, contact paper, mouse pads for various upgrades.

So... yeah!

Price of a single 4-day visit to GenCon with a hotel stay and meals...

Edited by Pygon

Closing in on $2000 after supplies are added, and still not even close to done

Looking at your sig, why would anyone buy 12 TIE Phantoms unless to give them to friends, resell them, or display an un-opened one in your home?

I buy a squadron's worth of every ship. While 12 of some ships cannot be played in a *supported* game, point totals are arbitrary. Some also are worth it for the upgrades (Defender)

Forgot to mention that I've been playing since around April 12, 2014. So in ~2.5 months, I've spent almost $500 on this game. :P

Mine near $2000 just from Gen Con onwards of last year