Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Brown_Bomber

R3-A2 - does it work with 360 turret weapons?

11 posts in this topic

No, R3-A2 does not work with a turret.

The restriction of the defender being "inside your firing" refers to the printed arc on the base. Turrets simply allow for targeting outside of this printed arc. R3-A2 only works on a target that is inside the printed firing arc.

R3-a2.png

mrkyle likes this

I'm sorry can you make that more clear?

Turrets do not change a ships firing arc, they allow a ship to fire outside of their arc, but the firing arc printed on the card is still there. So if a card requires that the target be inside your firing arc to work, it still has to be in front of your ship, inside the arc that is printed on the base insert. So R3 does work with a turret, as long as the requirement that the target is in your firing arc is actually met. He does not work with a turret if you are shooting a target outside of you firing arc.

Edited by Forgottenlore

I'm sorry can you make that more clear?

Turrets do not change a ships firing arc, they allow a ship to fire outside of their arc, but the firing arc printed on the card is still there. So if a card requires that the target be inside your firing arc to work, it still has to be in front of your ship, inside the arc that is printed on the base insert. So R3 does work with a turret, as long as the requirement that the target is in your firing arc is actually met. He does not work with a turret if you are shooting a target outside of you firing arc.

I thought the sarcasm was implied :P

AndiOne likes this

I thought the sarcasm was implied :P

Wasn't certain if it was in jest or not, but I figured it is a kinda confusing rules interaction and even if Ken was joking, someone else might be reading the thread who could use everything spelled out for them.

I didn't go so far as to bring up the Firespray and its oddities in regards to this subject though.