Sign in to follow this  
JackofHearts

New York Players: Would you like organized play support from the Uncommons?

Greetings X-wing players! My name is John Heath-Clark. I just started working for the game store The Uncommons in downtown New York City. We have organized play set up for several of the lcgs, but we have no connections to the local x-wing community. Let us know if we can support you with a game night kit or any sort of organized play!

Hey whats up man? My name is Charlie and I live in the Bronx but play in Nauet, NY at a store called Tow Wiz. We just started playing up there and are looking for other stores that are running tournaments to go play at. Sundays are good for a few of us so if you post up here we should be able to show.

That's great, thanks. Now I need for you to post all the info.

Game

Start time

How many rounds

Time per round

Cost

I will copy and past into my clubs forums and a club in Whiteplains that I know.

Hi JackofHearts,

A store in Brooklyn holds tournaments regularly on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month.  If you avoid those days, you'll probably get a better turnout.  I've only been playing for a few months, but I've already seen the NYC community grow.  100 point tournaments are the standard, so you may also consider an escalation tournament or something a little different.

I know a few guys would be interested in a league as well.