Sign in to follow this  
mnBroncos

The Deep Ones Attack question

The Cthulhu Mystery says "..... as an encounter....put that Eldritch token on this card. .... do not discard the eldritch token from the game board." Sooooo the wording of this is a little weird. If i am removing "that" token how is not removed from the game board. Also, if don't remove it then if have enough clues can just re-encounter it next turn? seems to easy that way. So if can someone help me out an ASAP because wanna play tonight or in the morning and just drew this mystery during setup. 

Normally when mystery card is solved you should discard all tokens which is came with. But here is special rules you dont discard any remands Etokens in play to make a sea spaces more dangerous. 

Thats correct - the ones on the board still have an impact as Glauring noted (see text on Cthulhu regarding what to do when an investigator enters a sea space with an eldritch token on it).

Yea it made sense after he explained it. I was just thinking if they weren't removed from the game board then could just keep encountering the same space, but not how it works so that is good. I lost badly because had to defeat Hydra with my second Mystery and never was able to gain an artifact ):