Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sozin

Vassal 2014 Galactic Cup: livecast schedule

63 posts in this topic

Video of last night's game has been published on youtube. 

Here's the link.

It's pretty long - 2 hours 20 minutes. The asteroids go down at 13:42, and the game starts proper at at 24 minute mark.

Note that I just did a raw dump of the A/V so expect some awkward pauses, a lot of ums, etc etc.

Edited by sozin

Yeah!  Would be cool to get Froggies or Greg in on it as well for a S&S joint.  How about next week, ideally for World Champ pheaver's game?  Scheduling is a bit of a free for all for these GC games, often times I don't know until day-of that it is going to happen. 

The next broadcast will be Theorist vs Phildo on Saturday, July 5th at 8 pm CST. Joining me in the booth will be two of three members of the Scum and Villainy podcast team, KelvanTiberius and JoyNVengenace!

This should be a great matchup - Phildo placed in finals of the last big Vassal tourney, and Theorist is a fantastic pilot and X-Wing analyst. 

Finally, I've created a page over on Team Covenant that captures both 1) upcoming Galactic Cup matches and 2) upcoming livecasts. I'll continue to post here as well.

Bad news: Saturday night's broadcast is cancelled

Good news: we're currently broadcasting World Champion Paul Heaver's game vs Davidwa! RIGHT NOW!

Edited by sozin

It was mentioned on the scum podcast that we could rematch the twitch games on your channel. I for the life of me cant figure that out.

Edited by Nickotine42

It was mentioned on the scum podcast that we could rematch the twitch games on your channel. I for the life of me cant figure that out.

Twitch only keeps things up for so long.  Sozin did save one of the games to his YouTube channel.  You can check that out here.

Edited by mrfroggies

Twitch only keeps things up for so long.  Sozin did save one of the games to his YouTube channel.  You can check that out here.

Bummer.  I've seen the above match.  Dang schedule keeps me busy during broadcast time.  I will have my popcorn ready for Wed.  Will Texx bring the swarm against that heavy shuttle list?  Oh my.

It's an interesting match up.  The elite Interceptor list has some pros for it as well.  Either way, we're in for a frickin' awesome battle royale.

DOUBLE HEADER!

Piqsid, Gravis and I will be doing live commentary on the game Theorist vs Rekkon, also on Wednesday, July 16th at 6:00 CST.

Twitch.tv video link for Theorist vs Rekkon. This is an epic game where Theorist chose a very ballsy list to face off against Rekkon's ion cannon/turret heavy Rebel list. It comes all the way down to the wire. Things start around 40 seconds in, and end around the 2:29 mark.

The second game Dom v Tex will be published later; there were some technical glitches with my headset.

I think the issue might be on your side - I confirmed that it is working on a couple of other people's computers.

On the Dom-v-Texx game, the video is broken into 3 parts; the audio glitches out towards the end of the first part, throughout the 6 minutes of the second part, and for the first minute or so of the third part.  Argh.  But video is fine :-)

i wish i could watch these but all i get is green and pixlated images.

Check if you have everything up to date, because it is working for me.

I was able to catch parts of the 2nd game last night. Very exciting.

At one point Kelvan referenced the Regional Thread and that it summarizes the meta differences between wave 3 and wave 4. I went ahead and put this info directly into the Statistics post to make it easier to find: http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/105107-2014-regionals-results/?p=1066846

Right now it only has squad archetype categories, but I'll eventually add more.

Wave 4 result have also been consolidated here: 

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/105107-2014-regionals-results/?p=1066845

We're broadcasting a top 8 game tonight at 8 pm-ish CST: Rurouni vs Dom! Rurouni finished second at the big FFG regional this year, so we're in for a fun match up: what will Rurouni bring against the dangerous dancing alabaster hippos: the XXYYB build that took him to the final table at FFG's regionals, or his Lando Sings the Blues build

Joining me in the broadcast booth will be Piqsid, and one other player to be named later!

EvilEd209 likes this