Sign in to follow this  
Eggs

No wave 6 speculation thread? You folks are slowing down!

As far as ships for the imperials, I would like to see the TIE Droid.   FFG likes to make every ship unique, and this would allow them the opportunity to create a ship which cannot focus and cannot be stressed (although i would suggest no k-turn to keep things balanced). 

Second vote goes to the chiss clawcraft, but not sure how the would make it "different" than other TIEs

Edited by Sabre 7

With 4 still not delivered and 5 just spoiled.. no real need for a speculation on 6.. just my 2 creds

Why do people bother saying this sort of thing every time one of these threads starts up?

A HUGE part of the fun, for me and others, is the speculation game.

Not your cup of tea? Fine. Move along. No need for inane comments.

You want me to describe the inside of IG-2000? It's cold and metal and a little bit of evil. Just like its pilot

-Dash Rendar.

What this game needs is more bounty hunters, especially robotic bounty hunters as IG-88b, IG-88c and IG-88 and their lovely ships Ig-2000

Edited by warrasmus

So you want speculations?

Wave 6, 7 and 8:  Criminals, Crime Lords, Bounty Hunters, Smugglers, Mercenaries & Privateers

•  Razor Fighter

•  Cloakshape Fighter

•  Preybird Starfighter

•  R-41 Starchaser

•  Supa Fighter

•  Planetary Defender Starfighter

•  StarViper

•  Muurian Transport

•  GAT-12 Skipray Blastboat

•  Pursuer-class Enforcement Ship

•  IG-2000

•  Hound's Tooth

•  Sorosuub Luxury Yacht 3000

•  SCT Long  Range Scout Craft

•  Modified Action VI Transport

With pilots coming from the Black Sun, Zann Consortium, The Exchange, the Hutt Cartel...

...PLUS

Objectives, Obstacles & Static Defences Wave

•  Official FFG 3D Asteroid Models (pack of 6)

•  Official FFG Turbolaser Towers (pack of 4)

•  Official FFG Laser Defence Batteries (pack of 6)

•  Official FFG Asteroid Laser Batteries (pack of 4)

•  Official FFG Proximity Mines (pack of 6)

•  Class-A Cargo Containers (pack of 4)

•  BFF-1 Bulk Freighter

•  Mobquet Transport

•  Cargo Ferry

And the XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat.

And the TIE Avenger.

And the TIE Droid.

And the YT-2000.

....and how about those Epic scale ships as well?

Edited by FTS Gecko

Rebels will get:

T-wing

K-wing

Imperials:

Xg-1 starwing 

Tie avenger

The Hobo has spoken.

This is what I'm hoping for, with exception to the K-Wing, which I'd rather see an R-41 Starchaser, although that wouldn't really fill a role that needed filling.

At least the TIE Avenger and comes with

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/news/rebel-aces/proton-rockets.png

From the Rebel Aces

Something they could do make models of stuff that are tokens atm that are used in the mission fliers than come in the bigger boxes like cargo containers, Senator's Shuttle and that escape pod from the Rebel Aces.

Edited by Filter

As far as ships for the imperials, I would like to see the TIE Droid.   FFG likes to make every ship unique, and this would allow them the opportunity to create a ship which cannot focus and cannot be stressed (although i would suggest no k-turn to keep things balanced). 

Second vote goes to the chiss clawcraft, but not sure how the would make it "different" than other TIEs

The Clawcraft was known to be slower than a standard TIE, but was shielded and could make tighter turns than its cousins. Maybe a stat-line of 3-2-4-2 with focus, evade, Barrel Roll. Flip-flop it with the Defender: give it no green straights but some green turns and a 0-stop Red maneuver (see those positioning jets of the front of the fighter's wings? Looks like they could slam those on to make a stop)

Rebels will get:

T-wing

K-wing

Imperials:

Xg-1 starwing 

Tie avenger

The Hobo has spoken.

This is what I'm hoping for, with exception to the K-Wing, which I'd rather see an R-41 Starchaser, although that wouldn't really fill a role that needed filling.

A cheap Rebel ship with a cannon slot?

With 4 still not delivered and 5 just spoiled.. no real need for a speculation on 6.. just my 2 creds

Why do people bother saying this sort of thing every time one of these threads starts up?

A HUGE part of the fun, for me and others, is the speculation game.

Not your cup of tea? Fine. Move along. No need for inane comments.

For the same reason you feel the need to say what you did... sometimes people have opinions.. they express them... we all do it, just as you have...

So sorry.. not a HUGE part of my fun, and these threads get tiresome... the hige fun for me... playing the game, and repaints... speculating about something we have no control over... wasted time...

Wave 5 has been announced for over a week already! Could folk be getting desensitised to the stream of shinies?

The OCD in me would like to see a large rebel ship and a small imperial one, just for parity, though I don't think ffg particularly care.

Options I'd like to see on the imperial front;

Scimitar assault bomber,

Clawcraft.

Rebels;

Maybe a yt2000 to round out the line.

Of course they care! Soon we will get Huge Ships for Empire!

That is the most interesting kind of topic we can have... I dont know every ship on star wars universe and those topics make me dream on which ones will come. I search on google for their picture and i am always happy to see what could come.

I'm expecting they'll release two small ships with wave 5.

I'm hoping for a YT-2000, and the TIE Droid, though I don't see how the droid would fit in well. I'd imagine it as being a cheap swarmy ship but they have that role filled, so...yeah...There's plenty of TIE variants though

Maybe a 8 point ship, with lower atributes, changing the swarm to the tie droids!

Sorry mate, I get tired of all the 'what's the next ship coming out' threads.. no one knows, and speculation tends to disapoint people looking for specific ships to show up.. just seems useless to me... we'll see them soon enough... then we will know for sure..

Probably won't be small ships in 5, the wording seems clear for only the 2 shown, and they haven't spoiled half of the ships before..

I seen many speculations here and there. Some are able to point the correct ship they will deliver. Maybe FFG looks their threads and release what we are talking about...

i still want to see the Telgorn Corp Gamma-class Assault Shuttle that carries 40 space troopers.

it drops space troopers just like bombs, but the space trooper has a range 2 turret with 2 attack dice.

the shuttle can pick up the trooper later if after the shuttle moves the trooper is within range 1.

also, would love to see the Sienar TIE/D Automated Starfighter (TIE droid) a really cheap 8-12 point fighter to really bring the swarm

That telgorn could fit the GR-75 role? Huge imperial transport ship?

I'm hoping for a YT-2000, and the TIE Droid, though I don't see how the droid would fit in well. I'd imagine it as being a cheap swarmy ship but they have that role filled, so...yeah...There's plenty of TIE variants though

Maybe a 8 point ship, with lower atributes, changing the swarm to the tie droids!

PS 0 A2 D2 H2 S0 and a "bad"ish dial?

Honestly, it isn't interesting.. just everyone jumping in with their fave ship desires... we all want something and I figure eventually they will make as many as they can, or have the license for. Many different ships are going to have similar stats or common concepts

And, honestly, if you want to see the same stuff just check out one of the previpus "wave # speculation" threads.. I'm sure you'll see all the same stuff.. just a little boring... to me...

FFG probably looks around on these threads, but I'm pretty sure it has very little to do with what is coming out. Like many good companies they probaby know what is on the table for release months in advance, or possibly the majority of the line is already in tye que, and just waiting for final approvals... I would if I was in charge, and possibly minor changes due to market popularity, or new ideas from staffers seeing teends... like possibly the Aces packs, I could see those being a response to chatter in the tourneys, or the regional feed back..

I expect we'll see the YT2000 at some point.  Keyan Farlander and Maarek Stele have both made appearances in the game, it's pretty likely that the Azzameens will turn up eventually as well.

And you can't have the Azzameens without the Otana...

I expect we'll see the YT2000 at some point.  Keyan Farlander and Maarek Stele have both made appearances in the game, it's pretty likely that the Azzameens will turn up eventually as well.

And you can't have the Azzameens without the Otana...

Oh they'll definitely turn up.

I will say this though, I was disappointed that Stele wasn't a Defender pilot as well.

I'm not trying to flame here, but maybe the casual attitude to speculation this time round is because people (with the exception of some who've commented in this thread) are just not that a excited about more obscure EU ships.

I'm not trying to flame here, but maybe the casual attitude to speculation this time round is because people (with the exception of some who've commented in this thread) are just not that a excited about more obscure EU ships.

It is possible, but I personally am very excited about what Wave 6 brings to the game in terms of strategy and tactics, not just what the ships are/aren't.

No speculation but I can give you a wishlist.

Battle of Yavin mission pack. With 2 turbolaser tower and a Y-Wing and Tie Fighter models bringing 2 new Y-Wing pilots and 2 new Tie Fighter Pilots. Mission props for Death Star and Yavin base with reversible deathstar trench/ rebel landing strip tiles and reversible exhaust port/ Yavin Base strips for mission of the deathstar attack run and the assault on Yavin base which has only been seen in "Vader's Revenge" from Rouge Leader. Let the Tie Bombers have some fun on the rebels.

Imperial Star Destroyer, the largest capital ship (with the exception of the Executor) in the galaxy. Scale being adjusted to fit on the table but still the significantly largest model over 250% the length of the CR90. Play as either Imperial Class or Victory Class Star Destroyer. Comes with front and back reversible section cards with either the imperial Class Command section or the Victory class command section as the middle section. A reversible docking bay tile for your docked fighters to get repaired and upgrades such as Tractor Beam to capture so called Huge Ships and Admiral Ozzel who you will discard if you failed to hit with an attack to perform the attack again.

Nebulon B Frigate, The Rebels own capital ship. Not as large of as powerful as the Imperial Star Destroyer, (Almost twice the length of the CR90) Can play as a Medical Frigate which has reduced firepower and smaller docking facilities but it makes up for it in a special ability that the Star Destroyer cannot do.

What about all the bounty hunter ships? I dont remember them all, but Bossk's Hounds Tooth? the IG-2000? I'm sure there are other ones.

I only recall them from the old Decipher CCG.