Sign in to follow this  
Eggs

No wave 6 speculation thread? You folks are slowing down!

Wave 5 has been announced for over a week already! Could folk be getting desensitised to the stream of shinies?

The OCD in me would like to see a large rebel ship and a small imperial one, just for parity, though I don't think ffg particularly care.

Options I'd like to see on the imperial front;

Scimitar assault bomber,

Clawcraft.

Rebels;

Maybe a yt2000 to round out the line.

I'm expecting they'll release two small ships with wave 5.
I'm hoping for a YT-2000, and the TIE Droid, though I don't see how the droid would fit in well. I'd imagine it as being a cheap swarmy ship but they have that role filled, so...yeah...There's plenty of TIE variants though

Well, depending on the timing of the wave, it may include ships from episode 7.  FFG hasn't exhausted EU sources yet, but I don't think they would pass up on movie tie-in possibilities if they had the chance.   So there's that chance.  

Excluding Ep7 ships...

Imps (we are in agreement): Scimitar and Clawcraft are solid. I would also like to see a Skipray Blastboat, but the decimator fills a similar role so I doubt we're going to see it anytime soon.

For Rebels, we would have to dig deep to find interesting options.  The Rebel line-up right now  pretty balanced in terms of variety, so I feel like we could see any type of ship come out.  Some options:

Defender

K-Wing

R-41 Starchaser

T-Wing

With 4 still not delivered and 5 just spoiled.. no real need for a speculation on 6.. just my 2 creds

There is no higher form of entertainment than baseless speculation.  Please don't take that away from me.

Edited by Babaganoosh

Sorry mate, I get tired of all the 'what's the next ship coming out' threads.. no one knows, and speculation tends to disapoint people looking for specific ships to show up.. just seems useless to me... we'll see them soon enough... then we will know for sure..

Probably won't be small ships in 5, the wording seems clear for only the 2 shown, and they haven't spoiled half of the ships before..

Edited by oneway

Sorry mate, I get tired of all the 'what's the next ship coming out' threads.. no one knows, and speculation tends to disapoint people looking for specific ships to show up.. just seems useless to me... we'll see them soon enough... then we will know for sure..

Probably won't be small ships in 5, the wording seems clear for only the 2 shown, and they haven't spoiled half of the ships before..

Not taking the Mickey or anything, but why do you read them then?

Eh...we're not sure if wave 5 is an aberation with only 2 ships, or if the other two simply haven't been revealed yet.Plus the fact the included an obscure ship like the decimator...opens up new possibilities.Uncharted waters here.

Or if it represents a permanent change in the release pattern.

You might be on to something there kiloden. It's probably fair to say it's the most obscure ship out so far, but thinking about it, it'd be the ideal size to scrap with the ghost.

Eh...we're not sure if wave 5 is an aberation with only 2 ships, or if the other two simply haven't been revealed yet.Plus the fact the included an obscure ship like the decimator...opens up new possibilities.Uncharted waters here.

Or if it represents a permanent change in the release pattern.

I think this is the reason we haven't seen any big Wave 6 speculation threads. Wave  5's attributes have thrown us for a loop: Only two ships, but they're both big ships, but one of them costs more than any other big ship, and it's coming out much sooner after Wave 4 than any other wave has come out ... The pattern of wave releases has been thrown off entirely. It's hard to speculate when you don't have a framework to guess within.

Edited by Danthrax

...why do some people keep thinking there are still two more ships in Wave Five?

:huh::rolleyes::lol:

...why do some people keep thinking there are still two more ships in Wave Five?

:huh::rolleyes::lol:

Pattern recognition? Every other wave so far has had 4 ships. Either they are changing wave composition, they haven't spoiled the remaining 2, or this wave is an aberation. We'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by admiralcrunch

i still want to see the Telgorn Corp Gamma-class Assault Shuttle that carries 40 space troopers.

it drops space troopers just like bombs, but the space trooper has a range 2 turret with 2 attack dice.

the shuttle can pick up the trooper later if after the shuttle moves the trooper is within range 1.

also, would love to see the Sienar TIE/D Automated Starfighter (TIE droid) a really cheap 8-12 point fighter to really bring the swarm

I would not be shocked to see some of the ships from Rebels pop up in wave 6 (the Ghost as a large ship and the Phantom as a starfighter). After that, I'd expect to see more 'collector' products like Aces boxes (not necessarily Aces in name, but thematic sets of repainted ships) - one thing a lot of us seem to be clamoring for is alternate pilot/ship combos, and that's probably the best way to release them (and adding new/variant pilots is not a bad way to continue to keep the meta active without churning out increasingly obscure ships).