Sign in to follow this  
0beron

Happy Summer Solstice!

Greetings to all friends and fellow players of Talisman!

Just wanted to say have a safe and Happy Summer Solstice.

As my name-sake is 'Oberon' I am compelled to suggest that as "Oberon" appears in the Shakespeare play "A Midsummer Night's Dream", which takes place during this time,

perhaps we will get some new News, about the Woodland.  Btw, Titania appears as well in the classic play and Puck as well, who is basically a Satyr.

You to Oberon, I can't wait for the Woodland Expansion.

I have the Highland to pick up before then to complete my collection. Looking forward to playing a game this evening outside on the patio table in the sun with some cold brews.

I cannot wait for even some news for Woodland, lol!

Sadly I'm a bit too busy to squeeze in some Talisman. Wifey says we will have suitable time during the July 4th weekend, though.

I shall lift a brew (of some sort) in your honor, as well as toasting the Sun as it begins its return to Night.

You to Oberon, I can't wait for the Woodland Expansion.

I have the Highland to pick up before then to complete my collection. Looking forward to playing a game this evening outside on the patio table in the sun with some cold brews.

I picked up the core game, Dragons, Highland, Frostmarch, Reaper, and Sacred Pool for $40 CDN off of Kijiji a month ago.  Then I immediately went out and bought City, Dungeon, Blood Mood, Nether, and Firelands at retail $140+.

I try to play every Sunday with friends now.

Happy Summer Solstice to you all too. We should light some bonfires and party all night long. Alas, in my part of the globe the weather is quite gloomy for a summer :( but we will drink nonetheless ;)

0beron pick up the digital edition so you can play a game with 4 people online, one of them being myself. It's on sale at such a good price that if you buy the base game + the Season pass, not only will have you everything released thus far including some online exclusives but you've paid for all future content too., giving you something Talisman related to look forward to every few weeks.

Now is also the time to buy because you get to play in a limited format. Just Reaper and Frostmarch, which makes for interesting scenarios.

Buy it!

Just picked this up ... haven't stopped playing since I installed it. I've come across a few discrepancies in game play vs our interpretation of some of the rules as I've played. Is the digital version up to date on some of the bugs people have mentioned in the past? I am more inclined to follow the rules on the digital version but had heard there were some bugs.