Sign in to follow this  
Hoosteen

Barnes and Nobel.

Just checked the B&N in Tukwila, WA. No clearance, but copious GR-75s (5) if they ever do. Also at least one of every expansion but the Tantive IV.

Seattle area has a pretty solid player base, so I'd be surprised if prices ever get slashed.

EDIT: No sale at Northgate, either.

Edited by PhantomFO

Well since people are doing this I dropped into a B&N across the street from St. John's University in Queens, NY and I asked one of the sales associates restocking the shelves if they had a Star Wars sale going on since I saw that the X-wing mini's area were all labeled with the normal Retail price.

I got a look like I was crazy.

I was in Flagstaff AZ yesterday and when there was no Star Wars X-Wing at their B&N, I asked the manager.

He confirmed it had been pulled as its all going on clearance in July.  He volunteered it was a NATIONAL close out, starting at 50% off, then 70% off, then who knows.

Fingers crossed on getting that second CR-90 for an imperial repaint.

Edited by dojimaster

Just checked the B&N in Tukwila, WA. No clearance, but copious GR-75s (5) if they ever do. Also at least one of every expansion but the Tantive IV.

Seattle area has a pretty solid player base, so I'd be surprised if prices ever get slashed.

EDIT: No sale at Northgate, either.

Crossing my fingers for one in Bellingham!

I went to the store Hoosteen works at last night, and all that was left was three HWKs, a TIE fighter and a TIE Advanced. That was it. I ended up buying one of the HWKs for my daughter and a friend i just got into the game took the rest.

I suspect Hoosteen cleaned them out before he posted the news, the sneak.

;)

I went to the store Hoosteen works at last night, and all that was left was three HWKs, a TIE fighter and a TIE Advanced. That was it. I ended up buying one of the HWKs for my daughter and a friend i just got into the game took the rest.

I suspect Hoosteen cleaned them out before he posted the news, the sneak.

;)

Were they discounted already there? Otherwise I don't see why someone would clean them out at full retail pricing

Once stuff hits 50%, it'll be gone. I can't imagine anything but TIE Advanceds lasting until 75%, and frankly, I don't even think that'll happen.

HWKs and Bombers.

Even at places that are sold out of all other ships, I still see those on shelves.

Wow...

Haha! You were all fooled!! I secretly made this post to bring in a bunch of business to the store I work for!!!

-_-

I didn't make the post to "fool you all" or to gloat. Just figured someone else might be interested.

As I work there, (and saw the clearance bulletin) I'm pretty sure I know what's going on. But feel free to post about stores that haven't reset their shelves yet.

I just thought, "Hey! This stuff is on clearance! I should check to see if my store decided to do it, or if it's a corporate thing. Oh wow! I outta let other players know to keep their eyes open for when other B&N's do it!"

My bad.

Sure, HWKs and Bombers do tend to sell more slowly, but I think at 50% off they go quicker. Both Miniature Market and CSI did sales on those recently, and both times they disappeared before I could place an order.

My B&N (Phoenix, AZ) had everything 30% off.  Good, but not good enough to buy just yet. Will wait until it is 50% off, otherwise I can get online for less. Just wanted folks to know it is worth keeping your eyes open if you have a B&N near you.

Edited by El_Tonio

Wow...

Haha! You were all fooled!! I secretly made this post to bring in a bunch of business to the store I work for!!!

-_-

I didn't make the post to "fool you all" or to gloat. Just figured someone else might be interested.

As I work there, (and saw the clearance bulletin) I'm pretty sure I know what's going on. But feel free to post about stores that haven't reset their shelves yet.

I just thought, "Hey! This stuff is on clearance! I should check to see if my store decided to do it, or if it's a corporate thing. Oh wow! I outta let other players know to keep their eyes open for when other B&N's do it!"

My bad.

Not at all. I saw your post last night and Jeremy and I decided to see what was there. We were both surprised at how little was left. Last time I was there they had a pretty good selection of X-Wing stuff. Was stock really down that far when they went on sale or did we just miss the rush and get the dregs?

Jeremy got some additions to his fleet, and my daughter got a HWK (she beat Kris last night again - and he was using his Phantom!) We both appreciate you getting the word out.

Talked to a B & N Manager yesterday after I got off work..He stated that this was really weird; everything is done on a Corporate standpoint..If one store is liquidating a product, then the other stores will do the same...There is no word of a closeout sale at this time for FFG merchandise , and they are still restocking shelves...Oddly enough he is an X-wing player...He is getting his ships here and now worried about the possibility of a major ripple in the Force...His guess was to make room for Disney Products...

Talked to a B & N Manager yesterday after I got off work..He stated that this was really weird; everything is done on a Corporate standpoint..If one store is liquidating a product, then the other stores will do the same...There is no word of a closeout sale at this time for FFG merchandise , and they are still restocking shelves...Oddly enough he is an X-wing player...He is getting his ships here and now worried about the possibility of a major ripple in the Force...His guess was to make room for Disney Products...

He's an X-Wing player, huh?

Was he telling you all of this while he was loading boxes into his car?

"Sale? What sale?" *must move faster*

Hoping to get in on this, I called my nearest B&N in Portland (which is not all that near, nor is it actually inside Portland, which is why I called). The guy there told me that X-Wing stuff was not on sale, nor did he know anything about it going on sale.

So, 'fraid that's another datapoint in the 'no' column.

Hoping to get in on this, I called my nearest B&N in Portland (which is not all that near, nor is it actually inside Portland, which is why I called). The guy there told me that X-Wing stuff was not on sale, nor did he know anything about it going on sale.

So, 'fraid that's another datapoint in the 'no' column.

It's Portland, X-Wing is too cool for the hipsters to be on sale. Now Gresham, that's a whole other story...

Yep, no sales at the BNs in northern NJ either...

I checked 4 stores in Central NJ as well no one has any ideas about a coming sale I was told twice that they thought it old since this wk was the big clearance sale for alot of things. They could be wrong and I'll keep you post.

Lord Ashram where do u play?