Sign in to follow this  
zilvar

Dear Devs, great work

That's it. Great work.

A friend of mine recently concluded a campaign in some Other System and lamented that his group was unsure where to go next. I told him about the beginner box and recommended it as a good way to decide if it was something they might like to play. After a single session, my friend could be heard extolling the virtues of EotE and recommending it to other people. Single session conversion is pretty darn good. :)

I will be openly honest when the EotE Beta Book hit my local gaming store's shelf I had nothing but disdain for it.  I thought this was just another attempt to suck me into a system I neither had the time nor inclination to learn much less play in.  Perhaps I had been drinking too deeply from the D20 well or the fact that I was hooked on Pathfinder that made me go, "OMG why don't they just do SW this way!",  I did not give EotE a chance until about 6 months ago.  I had a little extra money and just broke down and bought as my friend put it "Another SW book to satisfy your OCD." At first he was correct but I also pointed out I did not spend sixty bucks for a full hardback but bought the less expensive Beta of AoR.  It took me all of a day of just looking and gleaning the pages to be back in my gaming shop picking up the hard back of EotE.  I have since picked up every book for EotE and am starting on the Specialization decks for EotE.  Now what changed my mind about the game?  To be honest it was a little bit of everything including some things I found later.  The video that is on the support page of EotE giving you an introduction was great.  The developers seem to have a real passion to design a good game.  The artwork takes my breath away and is a real draw to the book for me as I cannot draw but I can and will appreciate awesome art.  Also it wasn't listening to interviews of the developers on the Order 66 podcast.  Where, or so I haven't heard, they listen to the questions and get the answers out there so that we the players may better embrace the vision that they had for us in the first place.

So with happy heart I say this knowing it is never said enough but thank you for a great game.