Sign in to follow this  
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Wave 5 : a few more certitudes on the names

Hi everybody !

I want to share with you new pictures of Wave 5 translated in french, so we now know what is written on some of the cards, without a doubt. It's sometimes hard to see, as the pics resolution are lower than FFG ones.

First, the Decimator :

ob_6d7959_ubiswx24.png

First, the pilot cards :

- The ps 3 is "Chef de p[...]", in english we see "Patrol [...]" so I think it's "Patrol leader" or something like that.

- The ps 4 is "Capitaine [...]", nothing new as in english it's "Captain [...]".

- Same for the ps 6, "Commandant [...]" when we saw "Commander [...]" in english.

- And we all know Chiraneau.

Now the amelioration cards :

- First 2 ones are "Impit[...]", seems "Impitoyable" which means "Ruthless" in french, so we match here ! Perhaps it's "Ruthlessness" as in english EPTs are always nouns.
- Nothing new as "Int[...]" matches "Intim[...]", but it's weird we don't see much of the name on french. "Intimidating" matches with "Intimidant" which is 2 letters less, so perhaps it's the right wording here. But I'm really not sure about the "Intimidate" thing, I'm searching for something else in french which could be INT_ _ _ _ _ _.

- "Torpilles ionisées" can be translated by "Ion torpedoes", so it's okay for these 2.

- Ahah, very interesting here, we clearly see "Moff" on the french card, and "Jer[...] on the english card, so we know for sure it's "Moff Jerjerrod" !

- Mara Jade was spoiled, so nothing new.

- "Fleet officer" was spoiled too, "Officier de la Flotte" in french.
- Ysanne Isard, nothing new there too.
- The title card here seems to keep the same name, as I see "Dau[...]", but if it's "Dauntless" in french is "Intrépide", so I really don't know if "Dauntless" is a good assumption. It could be, as the huge ship titles weren't translated.

- Proton bombs, nothing new.

- "Brou[...] Ta[...]" (I can't see what's written on the second line after "Ta") matches with "Tac[...] Ja[...]", I presume it's "Brouilleurs Tactiques" which means "Tactical Jammers".

If someone can read more on the pic, I'll be glad to help !

Edited by Lanyssa Ryssyll

ubiswx23.png

Pilot cards :

- "Frontal[...] l'espace [...]" vs "Wild Spac[...]". Hard to know, as the translatation mustn't be word by word one. "Frontalier" means "Borderer". Perhaps it's "Wild Space Explorer/Colonist/Pioneer" ?

- Seems to be Eaden Vrill

- "Leebo", nothing new,

- Dash Rendar, spoiled card

Amelioration cards :

- "Loup [...]" vs "Lon[...]". As "Loup" means "Wolf" in french, I guess it's a "Lonewolf" card, "Loup solitaire" in french !

- "Reste [...]" fits well with "Stay on Target".
- Dash Rendar card

- Gunner card

- Lando card

- "Leebo" card

- Merc copilot card

- Proton rockets card, which is translated in french by "Roquettes à protons"

- HLC card

- "Inte[...] Expérim[...]" vs "Expe[...] Inte[...]". As "Expérimenté" in french means "Experienced", my guess is "Experienced Interpreter", it's couldn't be "Intelligent agent" or something like that because in french it doesn't exist. But I could be wrong on "Interpreter", could be another job beginning by "Inter".

- Outrider card

- "Contre[...]" vs "Cou[...] Mea[...]". "Contre" means "Counter", so now it's surely the "Counter Measures" card. It's the only card I can read something on it, I miss a few visible words, in french it's : "Modification [...] Au début de [...] vous pouvez [...] pour [...] d'agilité du [...] Ensuite, [...] acquisition [...]."

Translation : "Modification [...] At the start of [...] you may [...] for [...] 's agility [...] Then, [...] target lock [...]."

Does someone have what is visible on the english text card ? Perhaps we can finish the puzzle !!!

Hope you like it !

Note : there's a problem with the dial, it's a bank 2 green ! I think it's a mistake...

Edited by Lanyssa Ryssyll

I'm guessing it's either Wild Space Colonist or Pioneer.

Also, I'm guessing the PS3 pilot begins with a title or rank, since it's obviously different from the English version and proper names aren't translated. The French version looks like It starts with a C, K, or E, then an A, then either a B, G, or S, and then maybe E.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

I'm guessing it's either Wild Space Colonist or Pioneer.

Also, I'm guessing the PS3 pilot begins with a title or rank, since it's obviously different from the English version and proper names aren't translated. The French version looks like It starts with a C, K, or E, then an A, then either a B, G, or S, and then maybe E.

It could also be something like "Fringer".. which also sounds similar to a "Borderer".

Let the Lone Wolf speculation begin.

Increase agility when no allies are within range 2? Like reckless evasive maneuvering because your friends aren't in formation with you. I dunno, trying to think of things that would make sense.

Increase agility when no allies are within range 2? Like reckless evasive maneuvering because your friends aren't in formation with you. I dunno, trying to think of things that would make sense.

Let's really hope it's not better than Vet Instincts on a Phantom. My guess is that when not within range x(2 or 3) of any friendly ships you may reroll 1 dice per attack or defense roll.

Let's really hope it's not better than Vet Instincts on a Phantom. My guess is that when not within range x(2 or 3) of any friendly ships you may reroll 1 dice per attack or defense roll.
It's funny that did occur to me, I wrote it off as too Ibtisamish, but I was thinking something for offense and defense. And considering the Phantom that makes more sense. Edited by Skargoth

I do hope Counter Measure doesn't buff you against ordnance. No need to make them any worse.

Whatever it does, it has a long block of text and uses the word "phase" several times. I'm still inclined to believe it has something to do with the debris clouds.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH

The adjectives aren't placed in the same order in french quite often, that's why we could find some new things. Don't know if it's the case in german for example, and if their distributor already translated the wave 5.

Figure the same for spanish people !

My first thought was "Wild Spacer" as well. Not sure if the French version implies another word or not, though.

I'm glad it turned out to be "Lone Wolf" because it sounds cool and I can't wait to see what it does.

Awesome detective work! There's some awesome French guys over on the Heroscapers forums, too, so you French aren't so bad after all.  ;)

EDIT: Just noticed the comment about the maneuver dial...maybe it's our first asymmetric dial, due to the odd shape of the ship??

Also, from what I can tell on the "Counter Measures" text:

"At the start...

phase, you...

card to...

value by...

the round...

remove...

from?"

Here's what we got from the French:

Translation : "Modification [...] At the start of [...] you may [...] for [...] 's agility [...] Then, [...] target lock [...]."

My guess:

"At the start of the combat phase, you may discard this card to increase your agility value by X until the end of the phase. Then, you may remove one red target lock from your ship."

Seems to be a more specific type of Modification, too, give that word is all the way to the left of the text box.

Edited by ObiWonka

EDIT: Just noticed the comment about the maneuver dial...maybe it's our first asymmetric dial, due to the odd shape of the ship??

It's the same maneuver as in the original announcement, only in French it's green instead of white. Probably taken at different times in the production process? Let the speculation begin!

It's the same maneuver as in the original announcement, only in French it's green instead of white. Probably taken at different times in the production process? Let the speculation begin!

Oh, for some reason I thought one was left and one was right. Oh well, I wasn't a fan of the idea anyway. :P

My guess:

"At the start of the combat phase, you may discard this card to increase your agility value by X until the end of the phase. Then, you may remove one red target lock from your ship."

Seems to be a more specific type of Modification, too, give that word is all the way to the left of the text box.

My guess would be along those lines as well and if so that is a nasty mod for imperials to use, "oh you caught Soontir at R1 with a TL? I'll pop my modification to turn that death warrant into a reasonable chance to escape"