Sign in to follow this  
Corellian Corvette

Why Not Sentinel?

Wow, this ship is in Star wars rebels, like, a lot.

And it looks... terrible!

For some reason, the flat top and flat bottom with those stupid sides kill it for me.

If I were to make it, the top and bottom would taper off at an acute angle, and the edges would be way narrower than what is depicted.  Come on!  Its sooo ugly in that show! (worse than TIES for me)

... meaning it has more of a place in landing troops on the surface of a planet then dogfighting.

Yet some people are excited by the prospect of the U-Wing.

Personally I think the thing looks ugly.

Me too!

It must be a matter of taste, but I found it also cringe-worthy since the first time I saw it in the Ep IV special edition in 1996.

It truly looks like someone didn't follow the instructions in the box to build up their Lego Lambda Shuttle.

I could understand that Lucas wanted to show a transport used to bring down all those stormtroopers to Tatooine, and that he didn't want to use the DX-9 because it wasn't a McQuarry's design. Oh, well. He liked it, nothing else to say.

But why do they keep spamming it so much in Rebels to carry a single person or two, instead of the original lambda? Tarkin travels in one, Vader travels in one, Tula travels in one. I don't get why they use a troop transport all the time.

Is it a small based ship or a large based?  If it's small based, I think it would be really cool.  If it's large, well, I think there are more important ships to do because they would add more visual variety.

Why would it be small based, its bigger in sie than a Lambda. A small based ship ofthe same design look would tbe the XG-1 Gunboat! And I would love them to add that variety to Imperials!

In cool scenarios or something like a campaign, people could use a Lambda with the swap of the cannon slot to a turret slot, and use the same dial and pretty much everything else for the Sentinel.

I actually have a small toy/model of it from years ago that is slightly bigger than an X-wing scale Lambda, and have been thinking of using it as a Lambda model swap if my opponent doesnt matter about the aesthetic change in fun games.

I just don't think there is much difference between the two.  What would you do?  Make a slightly worse dial and slightly more armor?  Or just slightly more armor and a few more points?  Why not just use the Lambda and say it's a Sentinel?

So we got a space cow (lambda) and eventually a space whale (sentinel) ... yay...

That makes the gunboat either a space dolphin or a space shark. Shark sounds more aggressive but I kinda like space dolphin too. Hmmm

I'm up for having the Sentinnel in the game. It would also be an opportunity to see Moff Kohl Seerdon, the main antagonist of the game Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, as a pilot, especially since you had to dogfight against him in one.

On 3/15/2016 at 2:25 PM, Boba Rick said:

Is it a small based ship or a large based?  If it's small based, I think it would be really cool.  If it's large, well, I think there are more important ships to do because they would add more visual variety. 

Definitely Large base. in fact, it is not much smaller (when you count the wings) than the VCX-100 Ghost.

LastChanceGhost.jpg

Edited by mithril2098