Sign in to follow this  
Venters

CR-90 Primary attack ability

So I just played with my friends CR-90, we were playing the first scenario it was the last round before the CR-90 makes its escape so I put all the energy i got from a 2 straight( 4 energy, 3 from straight and 1 from the upgrade that all straight maneuvers give 1 extra energy) on the aft section of the ship.

His Howlrunner and a Black Squadron pilot were left so Howl took a shot and got 1 hit.

I then spent my 4 energy to roll 4 extra attack dice in addition to the CR-90's primary using its special ability.

So my question is, can I do that? Or am I only allowed to spend 1 energy to just roll 5 attack dice?

So I just played with my friends CR-90, we were playing the first scenario it was the last round before the CR-90 makes its escape so I put all the energy i got from a 2 straight( 4 energy, 3 from straight and 1 from the upgrade that all straight maneuvers give 1 extra energy) on the aft section of the ship.

His Howlrunner and a Black Squadron pilot were left so Howl took a shot and got 1 hit.

I then spent my 4 energy to roll 4 extra attack dice in addition to the CR-90's primary using its special ability.

So my question is, can I do that? Or am I only allowed to spend 1 energy to just roll 5 attack dice?

1 Energy for Max of 5 dice.

No. When an ability says "you may do X" you can only do it once. For example, when defending with Luke you may change one {eye} to an {evade}, you can't just activate his ability as many times as necessary to turn all {eye}s into {evade}s.

No. When an ability says "you may do X" you can only do it once. For example, when defending with Luke you may change one {eye} to an {evade}, you can't just activate his ability as many times as necessary to turn all {eye}s into {evade}s.

yes I know that, however my reasoning was that I was spending another resource in addition to using the ability, a resource that I had to forgo using for something else.

However if that is the ruling then I'll know for next time.

yes I know that, however my reasoning was that I was spending another resource in addition to using the ability, a resource that I had to forgo using for something else.

Spending a resource has no effect on the "once per opportunity" rule. For it to work like you used it the rule would have to say "when attacking you may spend any amount of energy to roll that many additional attack dice".