FTS Gecko

XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat Thread

What's the skeleton crew on an ISD again? Something like 1200 people? 

More, I should think - the Errant Venture was run with "less than a skeleton crew" - and during the Vong War - that crew was 4780:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Errant_Venture

That said - just piloting the ship short distances might be doable with just one person - if I remember rightly, in the Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy book 3, Boba manages to fly a Super Star Destroyer a short distance on his own.

What's the skeleton crew on an ISD again? Something like 1200 people? 

More, I should think - the Errant Venture was run with "less than a skeleton crew" - and during the Vong War - that crew was 4780:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Errant_Venture

That said - just piloting the ship short distances might be doable with just one person - if I remember rightly, in the Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy book 3, Boba manages to fly a Super Star Destroyer a short distance on his own.

Well according to this place and its many sources the skeleton crew of an ISD (Imperator-class at least) is 5000, so I have no idea where I'm coming up with 1200. I should really start with the googles first next time.

But man alive I love me some Booster Terrik, the cajones on that smuggler made for some fun stories:

"The Provisional Council will have a piece of my hide for this, but, yes. The Virulence is yours. Please change the name."

―General Airen Cracken, to Booster Terrik[src]"

That carrier held like 4 ties... it has a crew of 250 max and on a light patrol duty had very few crew, an ISD has 275 gunners alone.  An ISD has roughly 190x the crew of that quasar carrier.

Granted, but we weren't talking about about a fully crewed SD.  We were talking about the minimum number of people required to steal one.

The "minimum crew" value refers to the number of people needed to maintain the ship in a functional state.  Even that number is much greater than the number of people it takes to simply jump the ship into hyperspace, which is all you'd need to do to actually steal it.  The rest of the crew can be added later.

Again, it's not getting the handful of people you'd need to fly off with the SD onto it that's the problem, it's getting the 50k Imperials off of it.

Edited by DarthEnderX

After experiencing many, MANY triple jumpmasters at the Regional event last weekend, I don't think the game is ready for this. The last thing we need is yet more triple, point and declare four hits lists.

Admittedly this won't be as bad, as it won't have a 360 arc and barrel roll but still. If they do release this, I reckon it will be large base, 2 x missile slots, 1 x torp slot and a tech upgrade slot.

Then the top 16 will be 3 x Starwings, 3 x Jumpmasters, a Palp/Aces list and some random Rebel list that makes no sense to anyone but managed to dodge all the star wings and jumpmasters until the cut.

...wait what?

Definitely not a Large ship, the StarWing is shorter than an X-Wing. Tech seems a little out of place, since it's almost as old as the X-Wing as well.

And where are we getting to "point and declare four hits"?

I'm confused by your post and inferences, sorry.

It seems a lot of people are confused by the 'resemblance' of the Starwing to the Lambda class space cow. The GUNBOAT is a starfighter, around the size of an X-wing but a bit bulkier. Obviously small base. Dial similar to y-wing but fewer reds. It's an assault start fighter, has multiple weapons systems to deal with multiple threats. Fairly sturdy so it take some it's and keep going. Single pilot is only crew. This is not a 'mini shuttle'.

"Again, it's not getting the handful of people you'd need to fly off with the SD onto it that's the problem, it's getting the 50k Imperials off of it." - DarthEnderX

This made me think of the part of The Hunt For the Red October, where Jack Ryan, keeps asking himself, how is he going to get the crew off a nuclear submarine, and then realized the answer was "nuclear" and that they could fake a reactor leak, which is exactly what the Russian Captain did.

Maybe the Rebels if they could snea abouard a SD could try a similar thing, but the they'd have to still fight the crew first (or at least the ones on the way to the reactor and bridge).

Rebels got two ships in one pack last wave plus this expansion.

So how's about we's Imperials/Scumz gets some?

Gunboat and some small based ship with a turret upgrade - Imperials

Scum - I dunno, something cool.

After experiencing many, MANY triple jumpmasters at the Regional event last weekend, I don't think the game is ready for this. The last thing we need is yet more triple, point and declare four hits lists.

Admittedly this won't be as bad, as it won't have a 360 arc and barrel roll but still. If they do release this, I reckon it will be large base, 2 x missile slots, 1 x torp slot and a tech upgrade slot.

Then the top 16 will be 3 x Starwings, 3 x Jumpmasters, a Palp/Aces list and some random Rebel list that makes no sense to anyone but managed to dodge all the star wings and jumpmasters until the cut.

...wait what?

Definitely not a Large ship, the StarWing is shorter than an X-Wing. Tech seems a little out of place, since it's almost as old as the X-Wing as well.

And where are we getting to "point and declare four hits"?

I'm confused by your post and inferences, sorry.

It seems a lot of people are confused by the 'resemblance' of the Starwing to the Lambda class space cow. The GUNBOAT is a starfighter, around the size of an X-wing but a bit bulkier. Obviously small base. Dial similar to y-wing but fewer reds. It's an assault start fighter, has multiple weapons systems to deal with multiple threats. Fairly sturdy so it take some it's and keep going. Single pilot is only crew. This is not a 'mini shuttle'.

Ok so to make it relative, the XG-1 Starwing Assault Gunboat is analogous to being the empire's version of an A-10 Warthog, the Lambda-Class Shuttle is like having a Learjet with defensive guns attached.

(Side note: Many could use the same analogy for the Bomber and Punisher and really the Gunboat is cloaer to an F-111 Ardvark but the A-10 Warthog is more familiar.)

How about the ULTIMATE BOATS Wave?

Assault Gunboat for the Empire

Skipray Blastboat for Scum

Incom X4 Gunship for the Alliance

BOATS BOATS BOATS!

If Rebels get a new large ship, seems like it should be something less obscure than the Incom X4. Also, it's a ship and not a boat. :D

THEORETICAL ASSAULT GUNBOAT PROXY LIST:

Gray Squadron Pilot - BTL-A4, Ion Cannon Turret, Targeting Astromech, Proton Torpedoes, Extra Munitions, Guidance Chips x 3

99 points.

Send £65 to Gosric, and there's Rho Squadron.  If in the wrong faction.  :angry:

Edited by FTS Gecko

Gray Squadron Pilot - BTL-A4, Ion Cannon Turret, Targeting Astromech, Proton Torpedoes, Extra Munitions, Guidance Chips x 3

99 points.

Send £65 to Gosric, and there's Rho Squadron.  If in the wrong faction.  :angry:

It's true. All of it.

99 points.

If I'm doing a proxy I will use B-wing stats with the cannon slot, merge the dials for Y and B, use the BTL title to allow ion cannon shots after primary, swap out Torps for missiles (sorry no EM for proxy Gunboat), split the difference for points at PS 2 at 20, and that's probably good enough for now. System slot and BR, yay!

Now that Scum and Rebel transports have the ability to SLAM, we Imperials need it too, thus the SLAM must be on the Missile Boat.

Which means an expansion pack with both the Missile Boat and the Gunboat should be soon, with pilots and upgrades that both can take, and then individual packs for each too.

Or at least we can hope for such things.