FTS Gecko

XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat Thread

I would remove the cannon slot. What is the point of having all those missiles if you can just pay 7 points for an infinite use heavy laser cannon?

Then don't use the missile slot.  Like people do with most of the ordnance slots on non-ordnance carriers.

I mean, how often do people actually USE the missile slot on the Advanced or the Defender?  How often do they use the Torpedo slot on the X-Wing or the Y-Wing?

Edited by DarthEnderX

I'm not sure if the Gunboat should have a cannon slot anymore. It clearly had an Ion Cannon in the lore. And it had also a Tractor Beam some times.

But I don't think the Gunbout should equip Heavy Laser Cannons or manglers. That wasn't their role. Their role is more utility cannons. So maybe not having a cannon slot, and instead, allow it to equip cannons of cost 3 or lower by other means, similar to the Mist Hunter.

That would help make it more different from the B-Wing and the TIE Defender. 

I mean, how often do people actually USE the missile slot on the Advanced or the Defender?  How often do they use the Torpedo slot on the X-Wing or the Y-Wing?

In case you didn't notice DEX, there's this little 0 point Modification which came out in Wave 8.  It's called Guidance Chips, and it's changing the game...

News flash, FFG announces upgraded Assault Gunboat with integrated TIE style cockpit. Numerous X-wing minis forum members commit homocide, suicide or both.

you go to prison

they cant jail us all there's not enough space.

In case you didn't notice DEX, there's this little 0 point Modification which came out in Wave 8.  It's called Guidance Chips, and it's changing the game...

No no, I get it.  GChips are great.  But I still mostly only see them on dedicated ordinance carriers and other ships with access to Extra Munitions.

I haven't seen any Y-Wing players give up on the TLTs and switch to torpedoes because of GChips.

No no, I get it.  GChips are great.  But I still mostly only see them on dedicated ordinance carriers and other ships with access to Extra Munitions.

I haven't seen any Y-Wing players give up on the TLTs and switch to torpedoes because of GChips.

I'm actually tempted.  Mainly because TLTs bore the hell out of me, and alphastrikes seem like so much fun...

Horton Salm - Autoblaster Turret, Proton Torpedoes, Extra Munitions, Targeting Astromech, Guidance Cheeps

Dutch Vander - Autoblaster Turret, Proton Torpedoes, Extra Munitions, Targeting Astromech, Guidance Cheeps

Grey Squadron Pilot - Autoblaster Turret, Proton Torpedoes, Extra Munitions, Targeting Astromech, Guidance Cheeps

Not amazing by any stretch of the imagination, but PS advantage over Scouts, plenty of rerolls flying around and Autoblaster Turrets should help get the drop on high agility Aces.

I don't really like flying less than four ships at a time, but Y-Wing aces sound amusing.

As posted elsewhere, I really don't mind them. They post, they bump the topic back to the top of page one, more people see it and more people post.

If they don't post, then we don't need to smile indulgently at juvenile posts like Princezilla's effort above.

It's a win/win situation for the Gunboat fans, really.

As posted elsewhere, I really don't mind them. They post, they bump the topic back to the top of page one, more people see it and more people post.

If they don't post, then we don't need to smile indulgently at juvenile posts like Princezilla's effort above.

Except for the current lack of gunboat, but if you all still get to act smug about it then thats just fine. 

Edited by McFoy

Except for the current lack of gunboat, but if you all still get to act smug about it then thats just fine. 

The gunboat will come one day, don´t worry. And then, we will all complain how underpowered it is, until this thread reaches one thousand pages :)

But seriously, I hope it will be announced before I die. I would love to still be here, just reading the news that the gunboat is coming, and think "We did it". And then I would die.

The gunboat will come one day, don´t worry. And then, we will all complain how underpowered it is, until this thread reaches one thousand pages :)

But seriously, I hope it will be announced before I die. I would love to still be here, just reading the news that the gunboat is coming, and think "We did it". And then I would die.

If I didn't understand exaggeration and hyperbole I would be genuinely concerned for some people here.