FTS Gecko

XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat Thread

GUNBOAT at 60 (pages). FFG fixes Defender with Mk II and Imp Vets. Tractor beam coming soon, Mag Pulse is canon.

All signs point to slightly increased chance of GUNBOAT becoming real. Chances also indicate GUNBOAT likely won't be the same ship we remember, if FFG Defender is the gauge.

It still looks like the wreckage of a GUNBOAT on that derelict ISD in TFA.

Best chance for the Gunboat now is for it to appear in either Rebels or Rogue One.  Both fiot the timescale for the Assault Gunboat's deployment, but of the two, Rebels is probably the most likely (as it continues to introduce material and ships from the EU).

This isn't to say that FFG won't produce ships that don't appear on screen; just that those that do appear on screen are pretty much odds on to get released at some point.  The Immobilizer-418 Cruiser appearing in Rebels now seem to make it a nailed on cert for Armada, if it wasn't already.

I rejoice whenever I see this thread up on the front.

On the other hand I saw TFA again two days ago and tried to spot that wrecked assault gunboat inside the star destroyer at the beginning...

Not quite sure about it folks.

I dunno, I saw it three times and it's hard to tell what it is, but it still looks fairly GUNBOATy to me. I'm sure it would have gotten a mention in some of the secondary books like ICS by now though if it was supposed to be. Mag Pulse does increase the likelihood of all sorts of stuff too, so, yeah, I dunno!

Come on rebels cartoon old buddy don't let us down!

I dunno, I saw it three times and it's hard to tell what it is, but it still looks fairly GUNBOATy to me

How would you tell if it's more Gunboaty than Lambdy Shuttley ?

They seez something they presume it's Gunboat

I dunno, I saw it three times and it's hard to tell what it is, but it still looks fairly GUNBOATy to me

How would you tell if it's more Gunboaty than Lambdy Shuttley ?

There were some still/gamma corrected images of the scene posted a couple of pages back, with the important bits highlighted.  I'm not convinced, and even if it was an XG-1 a crashed ship easter egg still amounts to little more than wishful thinking.

It was interesting to see pretty much all the trailers for Force Awakens featuring destroyed tech from the original films, (crashed Star Destroyers, X-Wings, AT-ATs etc..)