FTS Gecko

XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat Thread

28 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

I think i misread the XG-1 title.

I thought i read "Roll a maximum of 3" not limited to 3die cannons?

So it can fire any cannon, but it will never be a potential 5die attack or long-range 4die HLC snipe

That's how I understood it

Ions away!!!!

Or Mangler?

25 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Xg is a LOT better

No point limit on cannon, just a 3 die cap

It's pretty incredible if we get ASLAM 

You also lose Linked Batteries (everyone loses those double-mods, though...), and HLC is probably utter garbage on a Gunboat, given the bullseye arc and the relative buffs to Torpedos.

Anyhow, broadly speaking, I think it's good.  More flexibility, but less straight-up DICE DICE DICE.

2 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

What about HLC and bullseye? i missed that.

HLC is bullseye arc only now.
Also, you change crits to hits AFTER the modify dice step. So no crits at all with HLC, even with rerolls or other abilities.

5 minutes ago, PanchoX1 said:

did anyone grab a screen shot of the text from the cards? I couldn't read it on my phone.

XG-1: While you have exactly 1 disarm token, you can still perform [cannon] attacks.  While you perform a [cannon] attack while disarmed, roll a maximum of 3 attach dice.  Add [cannon] slot.

OS-1: While you have exactly 1 disarm token, you can still perform [torpedo] and [missile] attacks against targets you have locked.  If you do, you cannot spend your lock during the attack.  Add [torpedo] and [missile] slots.

Just now, HolySorcerer said:

HLC is bullseye only. Well have to see cost on it before we declare it dead. 

True.

But given baked-in multiple-charge Torpedos and Missiles, it'll probably have to be a pretty steep points decline.  SLAM isn't a great tool for lining up bullseye shots, not like the barrel roll on a Scyk or Mist Hunter-titled G1-A.

5 minutes ago, papy72 said:

XG-1: While you have exactly 1 disarm token, you can still perform [cannon] attacks.  While you perform a [cannon] attack while disarmed, roll a maximum of 3 attach dice.  Add [cannon] slot.

OS-1: While you have exactly 1 disarm token, you can still perform [torpedo] and [missile] attacks against targets you have locked.  If you do, you cannot spend your lock during the attack.  Add [torpedo] and [missile] slots.

thanks!

so it seems like you can get stuck with multiple disarm tokens. interesting.

8 minutes ago, PanchoX1 said:

thanks!

so it seems like you can get stuck with multiple disarm tokens. interesting.

SLAM - Advanced SLAM - reload, probably, or just general future-proofing.

it already could get multiple.

SLAM -> Reload

Theres more than likely an AdvSLAM function somewhere even though its not in the basic card. Kwing lacks linked SLAMs too atm.

All that does is prevent you from 2Turn -> SLAM 2TURN-> Reload -> Fire! - but i do not know if Reload fully charges weapons or just adds 1 token

Yeah I'm skeptical that HLC will be a good option on gunboats now... depends a bit on initiative values but if we assume they don't get anything crazy (i.e. 5 or 6) it's very hard to consistently line up bullseye shots even with SLAM, *especially* at range 2-3 and if you screw it up after a SLAM you just can't fire at all... seems bad :P

I'm cool with canonical ion cannon use being more usable now though :) Will definitely be giving that a try, although note that the ion cannon change makes it less likely to actually apply an ion token to evasive stuff.

Haven't decided on the OS-1 title yet... seems interesting but not being able to spend the lock is a pretty serious limitation even if you can line it up nicely.

Just now, Vineheart01 said:

it already could get multiple.

SLAM -> Reload

Theres more than likely an AdvSLAM function somewhere even though its not in the basic card. Kwing lacks linked SLAMs too atm.

All that does is prevent you from 2Turn -> SLAM 2TURN-> Reload -> Fire! - but i do not know if Reload fully charges weapons or just adds 1 token

yeah, you're right! I've always just given it one, which in 1ste was probably not a big deal. but gonna be in 2nde obviously.

Just now, PanchoX1 said:

yeah, you're right! I've always just given it one, which in 1ste was probably not a big deal. but gonna be in 2nde obviously.

i always put it out for the lulz even though multiple tokens did nothing in 1.0

It was rare though since no 1turns and 1turns would be the easiest to pull it off with. A 2/3turn is just wide enough to often overshoot the target, generally advslam into a new targetlock was the plan more than reload fire

I suspect defenders basically got their "-2 pt reduction" redacted (relatively of course)

Just the 1.0 evade was enough to help it, but in 2.0 the evade is slightly weaker but hte dial is slightly better AND +1 shield, so i suspect its title-less costs before 2.0 price conversions.

39 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

I suspect defenders basically got their "-2 pt reduction" redacted (relatively of course)

Just the 1.0 evade was enough to help it, but in 2.0 the evade is slightly weaker but hte dial is slightly better AND +1 shield, so i suspect its title-less costs before 2.0 price conversions.

The dream of triple juke Glaives remains dead. 

6 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

The dream of triple juke Glaives remains dead. 

I'm very much suspecting that defenders are going the way of biophysical

Just two topheavy buggers

Hopefully got enough room for a basic generic grunt, but doubtful as they're as strong as igs now 

Edited by ficklegreendice