FTS Gecko

XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat Thread

On 5/8/2018 at 11:44 AM, Azrapse said:

You can see the white reload just below the SLAM icon on the Rho's card.
Also, no ship ability and no changes on its stats.

whitereload.jpg

• Initiative 3 Rho Squadron Veteran pilot
  • Stats unchanged
  • White Reload action
  • White SLAM action
  • No Linked Actions
  • No built-in ship abilities (such as Concord Dawn Face Off)
  • Looks sweet flying alongside a TIE Interceptor

Edit:  :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by FTS Gecko

4 minutes ago, impspy said:

2.0 Gunboat is gonna be a beast.

Fingers crossed.  Charges on ordnance should help it ou a bit (2 on Proton Torpedoes, 3 on Concussion Missiles, 4 on CLuster Missiles etc).  A lot will depend on the dial, the available configurations and obviously the cost.  Certainly my PtL RhoBoats are going to be a thing of the past.

No doubt we will have a much clearer idea of what the future holds for the FUNBOAT tomorrow.

@thespaceinvader - where did we see the dial?

8 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

You can see most of it (or at least, what we assume is most of it, given that it's basically identical, you can't see most of the 2 speeds) in one of the preview images on the Imp preview page.

The dial on the left, yeah, looks like it

swz07_a1_empire_spread.png

1 minute ago, thespaceinvader said:

Weirdly too it looks identical to the current one I think, which is odd because rumour has it only the Lambda and TIE/LN are unchanged, dial-wise.

The Fang Fighter dial is also unchanged, I believe.

6 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Weirdly too it looks identical to the current one I think, which is odd because rumour has it only the Lambda and TIE/LN are unchanged, dial-wise.

To be fair having only come out, what, 6 months ago, chances are the dial might have been developed with 2nd Edition in mind...

3 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

I mean, I suspect the rumour is wrong, but it's definitely something I've come across attributed to someone from FFG.

But you know internet rumours.

IIRC, that rumour comes from one of the Team Covenant videos.  Can't remember which one, might have been the sit down interview.  They may just have called those two ships out by name as examples of ships with unchanged dials, though, I'd have to check.

Yeah, that would make a lot more sense.  WHilst most dials probably need a bit of a tweak I can't imagine there aren't some that are fine.

Albeit I would have loved to see the Fang get a red 1 straight/bank, just to emphasise the jousting role of the lower PS ships and buff Kad SOlus' ability a bit - but equally, I think the Fang's dial is already basically full.  There's only so many moves you can cram on there before it becomes difficult t read which you mean.

14 minutes ago, PanchoX1 said:

The Fang Fighter dial is also unchanged, I believe.

Yup 

8 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

I mean, I suspect the rumour is wrong, but it's definitely something I've come across attributed to someone from FFG.

But you know internet rumours.

Rumor?

swz13_a3_fang-fighter_spread2.png

It's from the Become Infamous article 

19 minutes ago, PanchoX1 said:

guess we'll find out tomorrow how many dials have been affected and in which way.

Not sure how in depth these unboxings will be, and how much will/won't be spoiled, but I know 'm looking forward to finding out!