FTS Gecko

XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat Thread

3 hours ago, Azrapse said:

I think someone said Reload now refreshes all the charges of a single torpedo or missile card. Not all of them.
Not that bad considering that torpedoes and missiles now can be fired several times without reloading.
Also, the gunboat has a white Reload action, while the Y-wing and TIE Bomber seem to have it red.

The new Saturation Salvo, could fit well a gunboat now, since it spends ordnance charges to do something something similar to what the old Zuckuss (crew) used to do?

Reload restores one charge to one munition.

3 hours ago, Viktus106 said:

Where are people seeing the Gunboat has a white reload action?

Also, I think Saturation Salvo is that you spend a charge on a munitions card to force the defender to re-roll defense dice that cannot then be re-rolled. So . . Zuckuss crew essentially.

Additionally, have we seen anything about cannon's yet? I have seen Ion Turret but I haven't seen/heard ANYTHING about HLC, Mangler, Autoblaster, etc. Are they still around? I can't imagine HLC is four dice anymore. 

All we know about cannons are that range modifiers apply now. 

30 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Harpoon missiles, LRS, done.

Title too if you had the points. More often than not I found it helped in a pinch especially for the lower skilled ones.

34 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Harpoon missiles, LRS, done.

^ that's the reliable, budget, filler version.  3NuQD is a pretty solid list.

Both @Arma Quattro and I have had a lot of fun with Push the limit Rhoboats, though.  OS-1 title, Harpoons and Guidance Chimps to hit harder.

All eyes on FFG's official unboxing this week to get an idea of where the MIGHTY Gunboat will be in 2nd Edition...

I hope they have divided the cannons upgrade category into two different ones: cannons and devices.
The tractor beam, jamming beam and future decoy beam, should have never been cannons but something else. Beam weapons? A general "Device" upgrade?

In that sense, the XG-1 Assault Configuration could become something like "You upgrade bar gains a cannon and a device icon." in 2.0.
And that's it. No need of specifying that you may perform attacks with cannons that are 2 points or cheaper, when the devices are used on the new Systems and devices phase.
That is much closer to how they were used in the flight sims, when you could perfectly have your tractor beam running while dogfighting without having to sacrifice your attack.

Off-topic: A TIE/D with tractor beam AND ion cannon that can double tap is mouth watering. :D

love these little ships. I sure hope the 2nd edition versions are super viable. kinda bummed can't run them with quickdraw anymore but that's ok. Have to squad them up with one of those new heavy ties when those drop. :-D

45 minutes ago, Azrapse said:

I hope they have divided the cannons upgrade category into two different ones: cannons and devices.
The tractor beam, jamming beam and future decoy beam, should have never been cannons but something else. Beam weapons? A general "Device" upgrade?

In that sense, the XG-1 Assault Configuration could become something like "You upgrade bar gains a cannon and a device icon." in 2.0.
And that's it. No need of specifying that you may perform attacks with cannons that are 2 points or cheaper, when the devices are used on the new Systems and devices phase.
That is much closer to how they were used in the flight sims, when you could perfectly have your tractor beam running while dogfighting without having to sacrifice your attack.

Off-topic: A TIE/D with tractor beam AND ion cannon that can double tap is mouth watering. :D

I would love to see something like that.  A true TIE Fighter build with TIE/Ds and Gunboats ion cannoning and tractor beaming everything in sight!

4 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

All eyes on FFG's official unboxing this week to get an idea of where the MIGHTY Gunboat will be in 2nd Edition...

From everything I'm seeing, firing arcs and ordnance will be a lot more important, so I'm liking the Gunboat's odds!

(Also, the TIE Punisher, but this thread isn't about that.) 

4 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

From everything I'm seeing, firing arcs and ordnance will be a lot more important, so I'm liking the Gunboat's odds!

(Also, the TIE Punisher, but this thread isn't about that.) 

A lot depends on Reload.  And SLAM.  And whatever the Gunboat's configurations are.

Dammit, I'm getting nervous now.