FTS Gecko

XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat Thread

43 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Concussion Missiles are looking good, now we just need a usable Ion Cannon and my Gunboats will be whole again. Bonus points if the beams don't suck. 

Yup, ordnance seems to be being reworked into "requires Target Lock" but doesn't spend, with built in Extra Munitions... I'm liking this a lot.

I wonder how SLAM will change?  Maybe it'll be something that happens in the "Devices" phase, like Cloak?

edit:  And maybe it'll have charges.  ?

Edited by FTS Gecko

3 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Not on the naked Gunboat.  Perhaps the configuration/title will grant it some.

1aa.gif

I thought we went to 2.0 to avoid this extra card nonsense :(

hopefully it's just a double-sided card ala Servos, but it's Xg-1 and OS-1

would've been nice to have adv. SLAM built in...unless, adv. SLAM is standard now? No way of knowing

Edited by ficklegreendice

4 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

I thought we went to 2.0 to avoid this extra card nonsense :(

hopefully it's just a double-sided card ala Servos, but it's Xg-1 and OS-1

would've been nice to have adv. SLAM built in...unless, adv. SLAM is standard now? No way of knowing

The easy guess is that the Gunboat comes with a configuration card with the two different loadouts.  Any special abilities or linked actions will be listed there.  Oh, did I mention that the naked boat has no linked actions either?

Edited by HolySorcerer

having no linked actions is fine

that's about the norm it seems (X-outside servos-, Y, TIE fighter), and even goes into more "advanced" ships like the deci, reaper, or phantom (unless you count stygium)

but we do have to count on configurations to give it any sort of identity, since we're not getting ship abilities

Edited by ficklegreendice

9 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

having no linked actions is fine

Being as reliant on SLAM as it is, action economy is the 1st Edition Gunboat's bane.  There's a lot changing in 2nd Edition though, so I'm not panicking just yet.

Don't know if Long Range Scanners are a thing anymore.  Guidance Chimps are most likely not a thing any more, given the way other action-free modifiers have been toned down.  Target Locks now persist (you don't need to spend them to fire missiles or torps), which helps.

Could the mighty GUNBOAT get a k-turn?  Is the Reload action different (more ships have access to it now, of course)?  Do we still get XG-1 and OS-1 configuarations?  Enquiring minds need to know these things!

I think someone said Reload now refreshes all the charges of a single torpedo or missile card. Not all of them.
Not that bad considering that torpedoes and missiles now can be fired several times without reloading.
Also, the gunboat has a white Reload action, while the Y-wing and TIE Bomber seem to have it red.

The new Saturation Salvo, could fit well a gunboat now, since it spends ordnance charges to do something something similar to what the old Zuckuss (crew) used to do?

Where are people seeing the Gunboat has a white reload action?

Also, I think Saturation Salvo is that you spend a charge on a munitions card to force the defender to re-roll defense dice that cannot then be re-rolled. So . . Zuckuss crew essentially.

Additionally, have we seen anything about cannon's yet? I have seen Ion Turret but I haven't seen/heard ANYTHING about HLC, Mangler, Autoblaster, etc. Are they still around? I can't imagine HLC is four dice anymore. 

1 hour ago, FTS Gecko said:

Could the mighty GUNBOAT get a k-turn?

There is a dial on one of the imperial spreads that looks exactly like the current Gunboat dial (you don't see all of the 2s but you see that there are the right number of them). So unless some other imperial ship gets a dial that looks like the current gunboat dial with only the 4 straight being red it's not very likely that we will get a k-turn on the gunboat.

5 minutes ago, Arma Quattro said:

Where are all these info coming from? 

Just guessing and speculation or actual sources/pictures?

You can see the white reload just below the SLAM icon on the Rho's card.
Also, no ship ability and no changes on its stats.

whitereload.jpg

2 minutes ago, Azrapse said:

You can see the white reload just below the SLAM icon on the Rho's card.
Also, no ship ability and no changes on its stats.

whitereload.jpg

Thank you! Didn't pay enough attention -_-

P.s.: You own a Spanish site? 

6 minutes ago, Arma Quattro said:

P.s.: You own a Spanish site? 

The domain and site is cheap and more convenient than having to use unreliable third party picture hosting sites. :D

It's unrelated to the Gunboat, but I was kind of hoping that TIE Interceptors got at least 4 hull to make them slightly more durable and match how they were in the old PC flight sims. That video clearly shows they still have 3.

Edited by Azrapse

16 minutes ago, Hobojebus said:

I think 4 dice attacks are a thing of the past.

Mostly.  Scum Fenn can still get to 5 under the previous circumstances.  But he's still a 3 die primary outside range 1.

It already seems likely that the TIE Phantom has only 3 dice primary, probably ditto the Ghost.

4 die attacks will still happen at range 1 and from ordnance.

12 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

It already seems likely that the TIE Phantom has only 3 dice primary, probably ditto the Ghost.

Confirmed, it does only have three dice. "Only". Ha.

Back to ze Gunboat though, so it's action bar is Focus, Lock, ?Slam?, Reload?

Lot of text on that card too, likely just fluff though. Shame there is no line with a built in ability. I think the chances of the Gunboat receiving two Configuration cards is very likely now. Same with the TIE Defender. 

42 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Mostly.  Scum Fenn can still get to 5 under the previous circumstances.  But he's still a 3 die primary outside range 1.

4 die attacks will still happen at range 1 and from ordnance.

Indeed.  IIRC Concusson Missiles are now 3 dice, Protons are 4 though.

1 hour ago, mcgreag said:

If you are referring to me this is the dial I am talking about. It's from the Empire conversion pack article.

dial.png

Didn’t they say that only the tie/ln and Lambda kept the same dials as before? Unless we lost green two banks, this looks likely identical to the current dial.