FTS Gecko

XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat Thread

20 hours ago, Fractalsponge said:

No. I'm not upset really, but I wouldn't turn down credit/pay either :)

My Avenger is one of my all-time favorite projects. I don't play this game, but I hope to see the design get used someday like the Vigil did.

I'm glad you like the dreadnaught - it was fun to mess about with it.

Have you ever considered uploading your models to a 3d printer and printing them and maybe making the files available for public purchase to download? Alot of your stuff I'd love to print and see on my table one of these days!

THE Fractalsponge! Welcome to the forums! Big fan (as you can tell).

As a 3D modeler is impossible not to drool at your incredible creations. Thanks for your contributions to the Star Wars Universe, whenever I'm making research for a model is impossible not to stumble upon them.

We don't know all about the ship yet, but here I am transforming my custom Assault Gunboat expansion into an "Ace pack". (to be later submitted to the Custom Cards League)

Pilots:

x_wing_miniatures___custom_gunboat_pilot

Upgrades:

x_wing_miniatures___custom__ace_gunboat_

Need about 2 more upgrades. I was thinking in at least 1 new <system> to go along with the new title. Something like "Cargo Scanners", a "System Jammer" or even a mini "Gravity Well Projector".

5 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

I like that the art for The Emperor's Hand is actually... the Emperor's Hand.

Although I think that stacking that particular ability with the actual Emperor could be a little bit much..?

Eh, it's basically autothrusters as far as effect goes.

Once per round, improves a single (1/4 chance per die) result, retroactively.

Perhaps if, like the emperor, you had to declare it before you roll?

7 hours ago, Odanan said:

Need about 2 more upgrades. I was thinking in at least 1 new <system> to go along with the new title. Something like "Cargo Scanners", a "System Jammer" or even a mini "Gravity Well Projector".

I like cargo scanners as a possible Boba Fett like ability.  Action: roll an atk die, on a hit or crit target ship at range 1 must discard an illicit, missile, bomb or torpedo upgrade.

Maybe even just illicit or secondary weapon upgrade.  I am sure the empire doesn't like ships with heavy weapons flying around.

For emperor's hand, why not make it more flavorful.  Give your opponent a condition to assign to any ship, if you destroy that ship then you get 2 free actions per round from then on for this ship during activation.

Edited by Jetfire

8 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Probably not the place for an extended discussion, but anyone else think PS should be capped at 9?

I personally feel PS10+ and VI et al are a problem they fell backwards into accidentally. That's a Wave II issue that has shaped the game ever since, and while the developers have done what they can we'd need a big shakeup to really get it out of the game.

11 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Probably not the place for an extended discussion, but anyone else think PS should be capped at 9?

To be honest I don't think PS should be a thing.

I love Warmachine's method wear each person has a turn where they activate their units.

You could have it wear certain pilots can activate outside of their turn (like if an enemy ship attacks them or a friendly for example)

It would also put more emphasis on proper flying instead of just going as fast as possible and killing everything before they can activate. You would need to plan ahead and take into account how quickly other ships can get into position. Oh, you got Dash into range of the enemy ships? Well guess what, next turn your eating several shots.

How to implement the idea I haven't the slightest clue, but hey, a man can dream.

1 minute ago, Warlon said:

To be honest I don't think PS should be a thing.

I love Warmachine's method wear each person has a turn where they activate their units.

You could have it wear certain pilots can activate outside of their turn (like if an enemy ship attacks them or a friendly for example)

It would also put more emphasis on proper flying instead of just going as fast as possible and killing everything before they can activate. You would need to plan ahead and take into account how quickly other ships can get into position. Oh, you got Dash into range of the enemy ships? Well guess what, next turn your eating several shots.

How to implement the idea I haven't the slightest clue, but hey, a man can dream.

Nah, there are plenty of I-go-you-go games out there. I like the ability to show some pilots are better than others. I don't even mind the possibility of getting to ps11. What I mind is that you can fit 2-3 of those pilots in a 100 point squad that can do enough spike damage to down a big ship before it can do anything. Now, limit a squad to one ace pilot (PS9+) and I'm happy, let's get those low ps pilots with cool abilities back in the game :)

18 hours ago, Odanan said:

My Take for an interesting System upgrade

Flight Pattern analyser

As long as you have a target log on an enemy ship you may choose to have a pilot skill which is 1 higher when that ships pilot skill.
If you do that you may not attack any ship you do not have a target lock on for the rest of the round.

Cost: ?

Edited by Hannes Solo

On 8/30/2017 at 10:25 AM, DarthEnderX said:

W3rNERQ.jpg

On 8/30/2017 at 5:36 PM, Odanan said:

I would make it +4 PS or PS+2 and an extra <elite>. That would put it at the same place as PS9+VI.

6 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Which is why that's not good enough.  Emperor's Reach Maarek has to be even BETTER than the best!

This: fun!

But, wishes aside, it reminds me of my one real beef about the upcoming Gunboat: sure, 1) the 2 attack with a standard arc is meh, and 2) the dial will not be a Scum one which is meh-meh, but 3) there is NO Maarek Stele!!!!!!!

WTF???

1 hour ago, clanofwolves said:

This: fun!

But, wishes aside, it reminds me of my one real beef about the upcoming Gunboat: sure, 1) the 2 attack with a standard arc is meh, and 2) the dial will not be a Scum one which is meh-meh, but 3) there is NO Maarek Stele!!!!!!!

WTF???

^Soothes Clanofwolves^ It's ok...it's ok...

Really, it's ok...

Maybe, they'll release him with a bloodstripe re-paint down the line?

Just remember what we've achieved here: GUNBOAT!!!!!!

I'm still awestruck that it's happened! :D :D :D

35 minutes ago, Alpha Xg1 said:

^Soothes Clanofwolves^ It's ok...it's ok...

Really, it's ok...

Maybe, they'll release him with a bloodstripe re-paint down the line?

Just remember what we've achieved here: GUNBOAT!!!!!!

I'm still awestruck that it's happened! :D :D :D

Yeah, I think we should take what we can get.

55 minutes ago, Odanan said:

mzq6m.jpg

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

1 hour ago, FTS Gecko said:

And now we settle in for what will feel like the longest wait of them all.  From announcement... to release.  *twitches nervously*

Release, heck, we haven't even gotten all the announcements out of the wave yet.

1 hour ago, Quadjumper King said:

What are the bets that it's the last ship to be previewed from this wave :P

The Gunboat is so far been the theme to this wave, as the announcement news uses the Gunboat as the mascot ship with the words "Alpha Strike" (still need a gunboat only card that allows me to spend a target lock to shoot everything in one turn) and the Gunboat is the first ship announced in the wave.

2 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

The Gunboat is so far been the theme to this wave, as the announcement news uses the Gunboat as the mascot ship with the words "Alpha Strike" (still need a gunboat only card that allows me to spend a target lock to shoot everything in one turn) and the Gunboat is the first ship announced in the wave.

So basically it's al but guaranteed to be the last preview article then.

I want to see that sweet, sweet 360 degree shot...

xg-1-star-wing-36295.gif