FTS Gecko

XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat Thread

^ that title should add the tractor beam to the ship instead of the weird two cannon slots. What off FFG decided to add a double cannon upgrade, like Heavy Ion Cannon that was a 4 die attack that spit out a crit and two ion tokens, or Wave Motion Gun that was a 5 die attack?

On second thought, keep the two cannon slots!

Needs to come it's a unique system upgrade that allows you to sacrifice a shield on a green manuever to add one die to primary.

The base stats were developed in late 2013

Would they still be applicable today?

*Base stats*

19 points at PS2

2 attack

1 defense

4 hull

4 shields

*Actions*

Focus, TL

*Slots*

Missile Slot

Torp Slot

System slot

Cannon Slot x2

*dial*

Y-Wing dial with 1 banks green

*Special*

Title: Fire tractor beam and ion/flechette cannons in a single round, both must be equipped and the tractor beam must hit to fire the ion cannon/flechette cannon

Basically a Y-wing with 1 hull swapped to 1 shield and 2 more greens on the dial. Focus of title on cannon weapons instead of turret weapons.

2 attack

2 defense

4 hull

3 shield

2 missiles, 1 cannon

dial: something between the X-Wing and the Y-Wing

OR

2 attack

1 defense

5 hull

3 shield

2 missiles, 1 cannon

dial: something almost as good as the X-Wing

Either way, only 1 cannon (the mounted tractor beam was an exception).

Instead of 2 missiles, 1 missile + 1 torpedo would be cool.

The base stats were developed in late 2013

Would they still be applicable today?

*Base stats*

19 points at PS2

2 attack

1 defense

4 hull

4 shields

*Actions*

Focus, TL

*Slots*

Missile Slot

Torp Slot

System slot

Cannon Slot x2

*dial*

Y-Wing dial with 1 banks green

*Special*

Title: Fire tractor beam and ion/flechette cannons in a single round, both must be equipped and the tractor beam must hit to fire the ion cannon/flechette cannon

Basically a Y-wing with 1 hull swapped to 1 shield and 2 more greens on the dial. Focus of title on cannon weapons instead of turret weapons.

2 attack

2 defense

4 hull

3 shield

2 missiles, 1 cannon

dial: something between the X-Wing and the Y-Wing

OR

2 attack

1 defense

5 hull

3 shield

2 missiles, 1 cannon

dial: something almost as good as the X-Wing

Either way, only 1 cannon (the mounted tractor beam was an exception).

Instead of 2 missiles, 1 missile + 1 torpedo would be cool.

The Tractor Beam could be a special modification that says after it hits you can perform a second attack on the same target.  This would allow you to attack it either with your primary weapon or with an equipped cannon.

Your cannon could even be a Tractor Beam, if you wanted to double-tractor someone...

Edited by mazz0

Guys, the X wing facebook group doesn't allow the posting of the gunboat, so I wanted to ask you, what other ways are there to mention it? All I have thought of so far are:

Ballistic Yacht

Blaster Raft

Cannon Ship

Rifle Kayak

Munitons Craft

Additionally, has anyone actually asked FFG about its release, or at least asked them to mention it in an article as a joke?

Guys, the X wing facebook group doesn't allow the posting of the gunboat, so I wanted to ask you, what other ways are there to mention it? All I have thought of so far are:

Ballistic Yacht

Blaster Raft

Cannon Ship

Rifle Kayak

Munitons Craft

Additionally, has anyone actually asked FFG about its release, or at least asked them to mention it in an article as a joke?

I'm absolutely sure that FFG is well aware of the gunboat and the passions she causes.

Mailing FFG even more about that, would be what in my country is called "dar la brasa".

"I thought how, with the gunboat wave as an ideal of perfection, the gunboater's object of passion becomes the very essence of ephemerality-not a thing to be owned or a goal to be attained but rather a fleeting state to inhabit. So much more of their time, after all, passed in the dreaming and searching than in the actual playing of gunboats; so much more time spent stalking the forums and floating between threads. Of their whole years of devotion, probably no more than a day was spent truly on their flight sticks and punishing Rebel scum, so they couldn't view such a moment as this without an ardent, frustrated desire, a near-religious craving for wholeness. Unlike so many other passions: while on might, I suppose, wish for a bloom to remain in blossom, for a ripening grape to hang always on the vine-yearnings John Keats made his own, for fleeting beauty and youth, the understandably hopeless hope that we might freeze our world's better moments-the gunboat's plenitude is rather in the peeling of the petal, the very motion of the falling fruit"

-Some guy probably

Ballistic Yacht

Blaster Raft

Cannon Ship

Rifle Kayak

Munitons Craft

Bungoat

(I googled this hoping to find a cute image of a goat eating a bun that I could photoshop gunboat wings onto, but instead got a lot of hits about goat burgers :( )

Ballistic Yacht

Blaster Raft

Cannon Ship

Rifle Kayak

Munitons Craft

Bungoat

(I googled this hoping to find a cute image of a goat eating a bun that I could photoshop gunboat wings onto, but instead got a lot of hits about goat burgers :( )

goat-hot-dog-ngip.jpg

giphy.gif

Ballistic Yacht

Blaster Raft

Cannon Ship

Rifle Kayak

Munitons Craft

Is that really so? Seems pretty silly to censor that minor of an offense..

Ballistic Yacht

Blaster Raft

Cannon Ship

Rifle Kayak

Munitons Craft

Since when fighting for the All Mighty Gunboat is an offense? 

I tell you something, his is religious persecution.

Ballistic Yacht

Blaster Raft

Cannon Ship

Rifle Kayak

Munitons Craft

Hmm if we file for tax exemption think we'll get it?

Ballistic Yacht

Blaster Raft

Cannon Ship

Rifle Kayak

Munitons Craft

Hmm if we file for tax exemption think we'll get it?

I hope so, because I'm already converted to the Church of Gunboat!