FTS Gecko

XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat Thread

Lambda White for serious.

Canonically, the Empire rarely made fighters that weren't some variation of TIE.  The whole reason the gunboat is so iconic is because of its role in a video game, which showed it in red (or sometimes blue) trim.  Without the trim, it just looks like someone forgot to paint the model.

And with the trim, it looks like a rebel ship.

How so?  What letter of the alphabet does it resemble?

A K.

Hm...I'm not seeing it.  I don't think it looks anywhere near ugly enough to be a K-resembling craft...

(That, and it's got too many wings.)

Dude, it's the STARWING.

Anyway, looks very imperial to me. At least as imperial as the ARC-170, V-wing and Eta-2. Gunboats and V-19s would be incredible flying together. Let's not forget that Y-wings, Z-95s and yes even X-wings have been Imperial craft in the past. And GUNBOAT is worlds better than A-9s or I-7s...Dark Empire, why did you have to be so ugly!

But I like the A-9 :(

I'm truly sorry...

I'm not, speedy strike bombers are a thing when you don't need more bombers to replace TIE Bombers or Scimitar Assault Bombers.    Especially since Preybirds and Howlrunners are also awesome. 

Also I like TIE Raptors, so your complaints are invalid. 

My friend just handed me this after taking it off his printer....

GUNBOAT

Which 3d model is that? Doesn't look like Mel's or the other I saw out there...

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:877559

The one with the fins attached printed poorly, will be using for more 3d debris fields.

I have at home a Lambda Class Shuttle I have painted Grey-Light blue mix with red strips, and believe me it is nice.

The same paint scheme could be suitable for the Gunboat

I will post a photo when I reach home

Looking forward to seeing it!

I would love to see this also.  I really wish we could get the JV-7, Missile Boat and most of all GUNBOAT!!!

I have at home a Lambda Class Shuttle I have painted Grey-Light blue mix with red strips, and believe me it is nice.

1cd092e93f8bdb260c857890086b2b11.jpg

Sorry about the delay. I have to make the ship better details, but this is the general idea about a paint scheme that would be good for the gunboat

1cd092e93f8bdb260c857890086b2b11.jpg

Sorry about the delay. I have to make the ship better details, but this is the general idea about a paint scheme that would be good for the gunboat

Looks sweet!

I don't get why so many folks are so into this one. Sure it's a cool ship but I've never thought it really felt imperial.

Even back in the day when I was playing X-Wing, it always kinda harshed my buzz when they showed up. It was so out of place it always sorta broke my immersion.