FTS Gecko

XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat Thread

Which begs the question, what kind of colour scheme would you prefer on a n official FFG gunboat?

Lambda white?

TIE Fighter grey?

TIE Bomber blue?

Gozanti/Raider grey?

Coloured squadron trim or plain?

Personally, I think similar to the rendering above - slightly darker than the Lambda, no trim..

I'm all for imperial grey. Like on the ISDs and Decimators.

I have heard that the reason FFG won't release the gUnboat is because the blood that would fire out the noses of the faithful few upon announcement will attract bears. Dangerous bears, bears modified with SLAM drives. .

So, essentially, it is a health and safety issue.

oh no, not the SLAMbears... anything but the SLAMbears

First Guidance Chimps, now SLAMbears. It's a jungle out there!

Which begs the question, what kind of colour scheme would you prefer on a n official FFG gunboat?

Lambda white?

TIE Fighter grey?

TIE Bomber blue?

Gozanti/Raider grey?

Coloured squadron trim or plain?

Personally, I think similar to the rendering above - slightly darker than the Lambda, no trim..

I have absolutely 0% support for the Gunboat unless it's trimmed.

Red trim would be true to the video games, but canonically the Empire very rarely included any distinctive markings on their ships.

Canonically, the Empire rarely made fighters that weren't some variation of TIE.  The whole reason the gunboat is so iconic is because of its role in a video game, which showed it in red (or sometimes blue) trim.  Without the trim, it just looks like someone forgot to paint the model.

Edited by JJ48

You guys are'nt thinking straight, You want the Gunboat to come in gray, that way it can come with the red in a Aces expansion.  :lol:

No, you make it blue, with red in the Aces expansion.  (Or vice versa, if you prefer.)

Lambda White for serious.

Canonically, the Empire rarely made fighters that weren't some variation of TIE.  The whole reason the gunboat is so iconic is because of its role in a video game, which showed it in red (or sometimes blue) trim.  Without the trim, it just looks like someone forgot to paint the model.

And with the trim, it looks like a rebel ship.

Personally, I think I'd go for TIE Fighter grey, with TiE Bomber blue trim.

The Lambda white would be an option, but I think it's probably fair to say that the Lambda-class Shuttle gas one of the worst paintjobs in the Miniatures game...

How so?  What letter of the alphabet does it resemble?

A K.

Any paint on a TIE makes it look non-standard.  Gunboats (obviously a Sienar craft) weren't Fleet cadets and novice pilots, they were always the upper-experienced pilots on reinforcement calls or interdiction. 

I'm still not seeing why people keep thumping for a block on non-TIE imperial craft, you just got a paintball TIE Fighter from a kidshow, and Scum are getting the upper end illicit craft that were still superior than what was available than Uglies in comics or what players had for neutral in Galaxies. 

A K.

Hm...I'm not seeing it.  I don't think it looks anywhere near ugly enough to be a K-resembling craft...

(That, and it's got too many wings.)