FTS Gecko

XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat Thread

Not the kind of bombs used in the Miniatures Gane. The Heavy Space Bonbs/Rockets used in TIE Fighter were more unguided ordnance than the seismic charges seen dropped by TIE Bombers in Empire Strikes Back or Slave 1 in Attack Of The Clones.

Sorry, those were proton bombs that the TIEs were dropping in Empire. But yeah...

GUNBOAT! 201 pages!!!!!

Edited by GrimmyV

Not the kind of bombs used in the Miniatures Gane. The Heavy Space Bonbs/Rockets used in TIE Fighter were more unguided ordnance than the seismic charges seen dropped by TIE Bombers in Empire Strikes Back or Slave 1 in Attack Of The Clones.

Sorry, those were proton bombs that the TIEs were dropping in Empire. But yeah...

Either way, same X-Wing game mechanics.   :lol:

TO FIVE HUNDRED!

Edited by FTS Gecko

I said it before, the gunboat sweet spot is as a Young Han Solo movie tie in.

The Tie fighter is called out as short range fighter. As a young smuggler, he would have had to deal with Imperial customs craft, the sort of thing with more range and the ability to disable instead of destroy.

The Tie fighter is called out as short range fighter. As a young smuggler, he would have had to deal with Imperial customs craft, the sort of thing with more range and the ability to disable instead of destroy.

#SOLOGUNBOAT

#SOLOGUNBOAT

2 more years *sad*

#SOLOGUNBOAT

2 more years *sad*

*Han Solo in a stolen Gunboat* "Dang, these things are pretty nifty"

#SOLOGUNBOAT

2 more years *sad*

*Han Solo in a stolen Gunboat* "Dang, these things are pretty nifty"

"We'll be safe one we jump to lightspeed- Mos Eisley doesnt have any of those **** gunboats that can chase me."

Which begs the question, what kind of colour scheme would you prefer on a n official FFG gunboat?

Lambda white?

TIE Fighter grey?

TIE Bomber blue?

Gozanti/Raider grey?

Coloured squadron trim or plain?

Personally, I think similar to the rendering above - slightly darker than the Lambda, no trim..

I have heard that the reason FFG won't release the gUnboat is because the blood that would fire out the noses of the faithful few upon announcement will attract bears. Dangerous bears, bears modified with SLAM drives. .

So, essentially, it is a health and safety issue.

oh no, not the SLAMbears... anything but the SLAMbears