FTS Gecko

XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat Thread

The Inquisitor Tie, the Tie SF, and Upsilon Shuttle were inevitabe, but it's merely unfortunate that it took 3 waves to clear the Imperial canon backlog. Then wave 11 has the Tie Striker...

Nah. The TIE Striker will be added to Wave 10 on Force Friday in September.  It'll probably be on sale before Wave 10 as well.

You know, like the TIE/fo was last year.

If the Quadjumper get in for its 5 second Cameo, I think the Sentinal has a good chance.

Didn't the Sentinel already make a cameo in A New Hope: George Lucas Tinkering Edition?

sandtrooper.jpg

Edited by FTS Gecko

If the Quadjumper get in for its 5 second Cameo, I think the Sentinal has a good chance.

Didn't the Sentinel already make a cameo in A New Hope: George Lucas Tinkering Edition?

sandtrooper.jpg

That's what I mean, has about as much screentime as the Quadjumper.

I'm not getting overly frustrated by Wave 10.  It's just clearly not for me; that's fine.

The Upsilon-class shuttle was an obvious and inevitable release.  Kylo Ren/Captain Phasma crew and pilot cards are overdue, and it gives players who are only interested in fielding ships from The Force Awakens (yeah, there's plenty out there) a fully-fleshed out faction to enjoy.  TIE/fo's, TIE/sf's and the Upsilon-class Shuttle will make for a pretty cool First Order themed list.

I won't be buying it myself, though.  I have plenty of Imperial forces, but I'm an X-Wing traditionalist, I haven't bought in to the First Order ships.

Sabine's TIE as well... OK, it's an odd fit, but it's cute, unique pilots only, and it's going to really appeal to all those people who love the Rebels TV series.  And again, alongside the Ghost and the Attack shuttle it means you'll be able to field a decent squad based entirely on the Rebels heroes.  I'm not thrilled by it, but it makes sense.

Personally, I've never watched Rebels (never had the chance), so Sabine's TIE, along with the Ghost, doesn't really appeal to me.  And like Xerandar, I'm not down with running what is obviously Imperial ship ( H ) in a Rebel squadron.

The Quadjumper just blows my mind.  A ship that had a blink-or-you'll-miss-it cameo in the Force Awakens, notable only for immediately blowing up after being hit by a TIE/fo?  I'm having a hard time with it.  It'snot even as though there'll be any other Force Awakens Scum & Villany ships, so it doesn't even round out a sub-faction like the Upsilon does for the First Order or Sabine's TIE does for the Rebels crew.  It's out there on it's own.  Totally bizarre.

But, like I said, the Wave's clearly not for me; that's fine, now I know how much I need to budget for on X-Wing purchases up to Q2 next year.  Simples!

Ren's Shuttle was indeed inevitable, but the other two ships are BS.

Come on, a TIE Fighter repaint as a wave ship? (even if for a different faction)

And that Quadjumper... there are SO many ships they could have chosen.

Don't get me wrong, the mechanics are pretty good. They are utting a lot of effort to make every new ship unique*. But the ships choices are depressing.  

*which gives me hope that when the Assault Gunboat comes, it will have some unique mechanic, maybe hyperspace related.

Just because the Allies captured Tiger tanks doesn't mean we should give it to them in WWII games.

Exactly..

I (somehow) really liked Sabines Tie in Rebels, and wanted to paint a Tie like it.

But having it actually in game as a rebel Tie-fighter is just really weird. And you can even fly 4.. :huh:

The problem with the Sentinel is how would its role differ from the Lambda? The Upsilon already covers the "stronger but more expensive shuttle" niche.

Sentinel is more of a landing craft and looks way too much like the Lambda. The Theta class shuttle from RotS would be a better candidate for a third big wing shuttle, and one that harmonizes with Palpy since it was his exclusive ride.

Just because the Allies captured Tiger tanks doesn't mean we should give it to them in WWII games.

Exactly..

I (somehow) really liked Sabines Tie in Rebels, and wanted to paint a Tie like it.

But having it actually in game as a rebel Tie-fighter is just really weird. And you can even fly 4.. :huh:

I would've preferred if they had made the ship itself unique, but of course that would be telling people "you absolutely should never buy a second copy" and obviously FFG won't do that.

Exactly..

I would've preferred if they had made the ship itself unique, but of course that would be telling people "you absolutely should never buy a second copy" and obviously FFG won't do that.

With all pilots with special skills and unique, and the unique title, it pretty much is a unique ship.

It seems self defeating to make a ship that can only really be fielded once. Especially given that so many people buy in multiples. It's almost as if they want this particular release to fail commercially...

Edited by Xerandar

They could do a boarding maneuver wave consisting of the Sentinel (or DX-9) LAAT and something scummy that can cut into hulls.

I'd get it.

To save time and money they would probably use a second Bomber title for the Boarding Craft.

Isn't the operating range of fighters with hyperdrives the entire galaxy, with the right route programmed you can go end to end in six hours.

However you need a around a day to get through a small sector one great hyper route.

It's time FFG. GenCon. Wave 10.

Give the people what they want!

A TIE Striker? Or maybe a "Villains of the First Order" pack, with the much wanted  5th TIE Fighter palette swap? It could be the yellow TIE Pac-Man from Rebels this time. Or the TIE Grafitti from the same series.

Hey! I totally saw it coming, huh?

It's time FFG. GenCon. Wave 10.

Give the people what they want!

A TIE Striker? Or maybe a "Villains of the First Order" pack, with the much wanted  5th TIE Fighter palette swap? It could be the yellow TIE Pac-Man from Rebels this time. Or the TIE Grafitti from the same series.

Hey! I totally saw it coming, huh?

WITCH!!!!!  GET HIM!!!!!!!!!