FTS Gecko

XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat Thread

Maybe Wave 10 isn't the wave you were hoping for, but Armada Wave V is giving us the Arquittens Cruiser. I hold out hope that may cross over to X-Wing as a huge. The Lambda Shuttle, Decimator, Defender, Phantom, Ghost, Shadow Caster, E-Wing and Z-95 all made it into Armada, so crossover is definitely a thing.

Dude, never mind my love of the DX-9 or Gecko's love of the XG-1. Wave 10 is a weak wave.

It's got new mechanics, it's got the upsilon class but I can't be excited for the quad jumper or Sabine's TIE. I mean i don't hate either of them but to me this is a "one of each" wave. That's not happened before. Even wave 7 was a "at least 3 of anything not large".  It's underwhelming, it's not that exciting.

Yeah I agree this is the first one of each wave for me as well. Even wave 9 I'm getting a few extras for cards.

I'd buy four each of Gunboats and Avengers. I was even expecting a scum aces box I would have gotten a few of.

I get the shuttle, but the others just seem like they are out if touch with the rest of the game.

Maybe Wave 10 isn't the wave you were hoping for, but Armada Wave V is giving us the Arquittens Cruiser. I hold out hope that may cross over to X-Wing as a huge. The Lambda Shuttle, Decimator, Defender, Phantom, Ghost, Shadow Caster, E-Wing and Z-95 all made it into Armada, so crossover is definitely a thing.

ARGH KITTENS!!!!!

For somebody who celebrates everything and anything X-Wing related no matter how bad or how TIE Punisher it is, it seems odd for JBR7 to be a cheerleader for the Anti-Gunboat crew.

IF the gunboat ever does get released I'm kinda interested in what his reaction would be.

HAHA NOOOO THESE SHIPS ARE GLORY?

I dunno. I guess it's why i try to be neutral and not polarize.

I'm not going to say that Xerandar.

Upsilon was an obvious and inevitable inclusion (which alone would push the Gunboat back)

Sabine's TIE is odd to me, but Rebels fans will love it and buy it.

The Quadjumper is a bizarre choice to me though.  Makes very little sense.  All it did in Force Awakens was blow up.

With Kylo's shuttle, the TIE/fo and TIE/sf, you could easily field an all First Order list.  Same with the Resistance once Heroes comes out.  But the Quadjumper is the ONLY Scum Force Awakens ship.

I'm not going to say that Xerandar.

Upsilon was an obvious and inevitable inclusion (which alone would push the Gunboat back)

Sabine's TIE is odd to me, but Rebels fans will love it and buy it.

The Quadjumper is a bizarre choice to me though.  Makes very little sense.  All it did in Force Awakens was blow up.

With Kylo's shuttle, the TIE/fo and TIE/sf, you could easily field an all First Order list.  Same with the Resistance once Heroes comes out.  But the Quadjumper is the ONLY Scum Force Awakens ship.

When they release the Gunboat, they should make it for all factions.  Because the Gunboat should be loved and embraced by all.

A rebel TIE? Really?

What next, Rebels getting Poe and Finn I'm a TIE s/f for Wave 11?

OhmygodNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

XERANDAR!

DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS!

When they release the Gunboat, they should make it for all factions.  Because the Gunboat should be loved and embraced by all.

When they release the Gunboat, every player will turn to the Dark Side.  Every player will own an Imperial fleet.

Edited by FTS Gecko

I love how everyone last wave was attempting to refute the idea that inclusion rebels = auto include in Xwing. Now they have a rebel tie.

Reminds me of the economic fallout from Brexit. Sure it's poetic watching the fools suffer but we still have a rebel TIE

A rebel TIE? Really?

"Rebels in TIEs" happened a few times in EU comics.

Early EU - the Teezel arc of Marvel Star Wars:

http://starwars.wiki...ams_in_the_Void

Late EU - the Darklighter arc of Star Wars: Empire

http://starwars.wiki...lighter,_Part_3

http://starwars.wiki...dron_(Imperial)

Edited by Ironlord