FTS Gecko

XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat Thread

SO . . . . .

GenCon announcement. .

I envision that they will go the entire presentation as normal and then with 2 minutes left, the lights will go out. The room will start to fill with ground level smoke, everything will become very tense. A single overhead light will beam down on a stern looking Alex Devy whom is now wearing a full Imperial Officer's uniform.

The crowd, blinded and confused look on in amazement. "We already have the Wave 10 and Epic ship announcement, so what is this?"

"Rogue One" they will proclaim.

Alex looks up, doing his best Thrawn impression, he will tell of a time where the Empire offered peace through superior firepower, a time where the reach of the Empire was ever stretching. .

He will proclaim a return to those times. . .

Two members of the development team walk on stage, wearing mechanic overalls with a arm badge depicting the symbol of Cygnus Spaceworks. . Alex, pausing to build suspense, will tell the crowd that it is now that we will return to that age. .

As it says this, the curtain behind him (which no one noticed because of all the thematic,) will drop and there will be a single, game model sized Alpha Class Xg-1 Star Wing. . no base insert, no cards, just the model, on a single peg.

Alex allows himself a sly smirk of his own genius. The air in the room is suddenly sucked out like a vacuum as the crowd in unisons gasps in amazement.

Before questions could be asked, the Imperial march blasts through the auditorium, the walls collapse and a wing of TIE fighters zoom over head.

Begun, the missile wars have

Delusional gunboatosis, also known as Gecko's syndrome, is a psychiatric syndrome that causes the delusional belief that the patient's miniatures game is being infested by TIE variants, non unique ships or other unnecessary ships. There is an insidious onset of the disease and the delusion is typically preceded by primary nostalgic sensations, such as playing TIE fighter or X wing vs TIE fighter, or even hallucinations that trigger secondary delusional gunboatosis.

As an attempt to get rid of the TIE variants using  derogatory terms or infallible logic, the patient may cause a up swell in support, which confirms the patient's belief that there is something wrong with his/her officially released TIE variants. Descriptions are often so detailed that suggest the occurrence of visual hallucinations. Posts asking if anyone remembers the Gunboat, which are present in most of the cases, typically occur in those parts of the forum that are more easily reached by new posters and are shown by the patients to prove the desire for this ship to be added. Patients frequently come to the X wing forum bringing high resolution renders, stat cards or even the "gunboat" inside a recipient (resin models). Such phenomenon, known as matchbox sign, is pathognomonic, but does not occur in all cases and affects approximately 30% of the patients.

The first case of this disease was described by [redacted] in 2014, who used the term Rho’s Disease to name the syndrome. Other terms were Darius’ delusion, TIEphobia and Grimmyvitis. In 2015, [redacted] described eight cases of delusional infestation using the term Gunboateers to designate them.

Delusional gunboatosis is more prevalent in individuals older than 30 years old, and those hopeful few are more affected than seems reasonable. In 75% of the cases, the delusional gunboatosis is shared with more than one person (folie a deux ortrois), usually people who post in the same thread.

The diagnosis of delusional gunboatosis is established based on the forum posting history, but it is also important to take into consideration the presence of nostalgia, access to a flight stick, GOG or a DOS box in the differential diagnosis. Other psychiatric disorders, medical conditions such as alterations of sensitivity, use of substances or medications, or alcohol or cocaine abstinence, should also be considered.Although delusional gunboatosis is classified as a mental disorder, patients usually seek help from a third party modeller or artist, and they almost always refuse the notion that it doesn’t fit the aesthetic.

Edited by McFoy

Delusional gunboatosis, also known as Gecko's syndrome, is a psychiatric syndrome that causes the delusional belief that the patient's miniatures game is being infested by TIE variants, non unique ships or other unnecessary ships. There is an insidious onset of the disease and the delusion is typically preceded by primary nostalgic sensations, such as playing TIE fighter or X wing vs TIE fighter, or even hallucinations that trigger secondary delusional gunboatosis.

As an attempt to get rid of the TIE variants using  derogatory terms or infallible logic, the patient may cause a up swell in support, which confirms the patient's belief that there is something wrong with his/her officially released TIE variants. Descriptions are often so detailed that suggest the occurrence of visual hallucinations. Posts asking if anyone remembers the Gunboat, which are present in most of the cases, typically occur in those parts of the forum that are more easily reached by new posters and are shown by the patients to prove the desire for this ship to be added. Patients frequently come to the X wing forum bringing high resolution renders, stat cards or even the "gunboat" inside a recipient (resin models). Such phenomenon, known as matchbox sign, is pathognomonic, but does not occur in all cases and affects approximately 30% of the patients.

The first case of this disease was described by [redacted] in 2014, who used the term Rho’s Disease to name the syndrome. Other terms were Darius’ delusion, TIEphobia and Grimmyvitis. In 2015, [redacted] described eight cases of delusional infestation using the term Gunboateers to designate them.

Delusional gunboatosis is more prevalent in individuals older than 30 years old, and those hopeful few are more affected than seems reasonable. In 75% of the cases, the delusional gunboatosis is shared with more than one person (folie a deux ortrois), usually people who post in the same thread.

The diagnosis of delusional gunboatosis is established based on the forum posting history, but it is also important to take into consideration the presence of nostalgia, access to a flight stick, GOG or a DOS box in the differential diagnosis. Other psychiatric disorders, medical conditions such as alterations of sensitivity, use of substances or medications, or alcohol or cocaine abstinence, should also be considered.Although delusional gunboatosis is classified as a mental disorder, patients usually seek help from a third party modeller or artist, and they almost always refuse the notion that it doesn’t fit the aesthetic.

I can't dislike a so well written text. Now get out of here.

Edited by Odanan

Thanks for the condescending analysis!

Now I have a question for you. Who is more delusional: someone who gathers with like-minded people discussing the possible inclusion of a starship they like in a game they play OR someone who goes to great lengths to fabricate a mental illness to attribute to the aforementioned group because they don't agree?

:P

Now I have a question for you. Who is more delusional: someone who gathers with like-minded people discussing the possible inclusion of a starship they like in a game they play OR someone who goes to great lengths to fabricate a mental illness to attribute to the aforementioned group because they don't agree?

I mock because I am secretly envious of your brotherhood.

Joooiiin uuuuusss.

Look at Mazz0 above.

They all thought he was crazy. They mocked him. They said "aw but dangit they said we'd never see prequel ships so shut up about your arc" .

Fairly sure he's still laughing at that. Eh?

Regarding Camaraderie. Brotherhood.

You got me, I love being part of this community for that.

Edited by DariusAPB

Joooiiin uuuuusss.

Look at Mazz0 above.

They all thought he was crazy. They mocked him. They said "aw but dangit they said we'd never see prequel ships so shut up about your arc" .

Fairly sure he's still laughing at that. Eh?

Regarding Camaraderie. Brotherhood.

You got me, I love being part of this community for that.

Tempting

but where would I post my hilarious posts then? Continuing to do so here would induce a troubling amount of self awareness.