FTS Gecko

XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat Thread

I need a pro gunboat shirt for world's. What we got here?

Try this

That's kind of noisy.

Put this on a shirt to get straight to the point:

stargategunboat.png

Where's the pic of the ship itself from in that one? Meesa like. It's a very Star Warsy render.

StarwingGunboatPhoto.jpg

Thats great; it looks like a model from the OT! What's it from?

I need a pro gunboat shirt for world's. What we got here?

Try this

That's kind of noisy.

Put this on a shirt to get straight to the point:

stargategunboat.png

Where's the pic of the ship itself from in that one? Meesa like. It's a very Star Warsy render.

Thats great; it looks like a model from the OT! What's it from?

Googled Star Wars Gunboat and it was near the bottom of the first screen of image results.

Links to this: http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/XG-1StarwingGunboat.htm

Which looks like there was a model produced in the 90s?

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!ELEVENONEONE!

TIMOTHY ZAHN IS DOING A NEW THRAWN BOOK, MAKING THRAWN CANON!!!!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/4t5278/heres_the_cover_of_the_new_thrawn_book_by_timothy/

Also he will be in rebels, but we already know that won't do him justice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/4t5278/heres_the_cover_of_the_new_thrawn_book_by_timothy/

I'm not so sure about it not doing him justice. We already have him saying that to defeat a enemy you have to study "philosophy, history and art" That cant be any more like him if they tried., or if hey had directly quoted him from the books where he is telling Pelleaon the same thing.

Not to mention he is in a Star destroyer ante-chamber with art holos all around, and he has Ysamiri on the back wall (sculptures likely-, probably not live/dead ones).

He also seems has the 181st working for him, well likely inthe scene where interceptors destroy the transport, he did get Fel to help him out in the novels.

And then lastly we have him being described by rex or someone as being very efficient and unlike any other Imperial commander, where they actually are precise in the attacks.

All of which sound exactly like doing Thrawn justice. Hell he seems more competent in the series already than all the Inuitiors and Tarkin, which all did well until getting defeated somehow, usually resulting in their deaths.

So I think saying "we already know that won't do him justice" isnt accurate at all right now. If anything it is the opposite, until proven otherwise.

I'm not so sure about it not doing him justice. We already have him saying that to defeat a enemy you have to study "philosophy, history and art" That cant be any more like him if they tried., or if hey had directly quoted him from the books where he is telling Pelleaon the same thing.

Not to mention he is in a Star destroyer ante-chamber with art holos all around, and he has Ysamiri on the back wall (sculptures likely-, probably not live/dead ones).

He also seems has the 181st working for him, well likely inthe scene where interceptors destroy the transport, he did get Fel to help him out in the novels.

And then lastly we have him being described by rex or someone as being very efficient and unlike any other Imperial commander, where they actually are precise in the attacks.

All of which sound exactly like doing Thrawn justice. Hell he seems more competent in the series already than all the Inuitiors and Tarkin, which all did well until getting defeated somehow, usually resulting in their deaths.

So I think saying "we already know that won't do him justice" isnt accurate at all right now. If anything it is the opposite, until proven otherwise.

You raise a very good point.

I will counter: This is a book character, Rebels while good is a fairly dumbed down TV show. I stand by my theory that he will underwhelm based on this alone.

Also this: Whenever I say something definitive, the universe has a way of making a point of at least trying to prove me wrong.

COME AT ME UNIVERSE!

I'd rather have a slightly underwheming version than no Thrawn at all. Or better than just the rumor that Thrawn was going to be in season 3, which started in the middle of season 2.

And yeah Rebels isnt perfect, there are very silly things- like the spinning lightsaber helicopters (force pushing maybe, who the heck knows???)

But then it is better and more creative than the prequels as awhole, and sure as heck better than the baseline plot of VII. And a WHOLE lo better than the novel DarkSaber (and the Daala trilogy before)!!!!!!!

But yeah, I hope Thrawn is done well, and he does seem quite well done already from a couple minute long preview. so I will have high hopes, that Force willing wont get crushed.

And I also hope that then universe makes a point to prove you wrong in this case, which wold be for the best of us all, again in this case.

Thrawn, the 181st, maybe Fel, and hopefully the GUNBOAT...

Disney please don't **** this up.

I have hope for my most favourite character to appear in a good fashion. At least in the novel, after all Thrawn is Zahns favourite Character,his baby, he won't **** this up.

Thrawns look in Rebels on the other hand...

Edited by RogueLeader42

I consider Thrawn being official the biggest news to hit these forums since wave 9 was announced. The ramifications are HUGE!

Who else will appear, Mara Jade? I mean I can really see Zahn putting her in.

Obviously things like the Skipray and Gunboat are possibles. But a canon 181/Soontir Fel also?

Awesome.

I hope Mara gets added back, probably not as Luke's wife but so long as they bring her back as a competent Imperial character serving the role of an awesome agent, an Emperor's hand, or maybe even being part of a group to replace the inquisitors, both due to them mostly just failing and a shift from taking out remaining jedi to taking out dissidents and corrupt or too ambitious individuals.