FTS Gecko

XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat Thread

4 hours ago, william1134 said:

I wonder if the GUNBOAT model will have folding wings or not?  I know it is possible as there are some excellent models out on shapways which do... I am leaning towards the no camp though.

It doesn't look like there's enough of a seam for a hinge. :(

On 9/5/2017 at 4:04 PM, Eskandare said:

That is true, as much as I like 'love' all of Fractal's work, losing the neck does make it look strange. If you look carefully, the canon version has the neck. I have to admit even craft that didn't quite seem imperial gets a good Imperial makeover in his renderings. 

CKDuXoG.png 

I didn't like the look of the neck, so I took it out. Fight me :D.

On 9/5/2017 at 4:04 PM, Eskandare said:

That is true, as much as I like 'love' all of Fractal's work, losing the neck does make it look strange. If you look carefully, the canon version has the neck. I have to admit even craft that didn't quite seem imperial gets a good Imperial makeover in his renderings. 

CKDuXoG.png 

I didn't like the look of the neck, so I took it out. Fight me :D.

1 minute ago, Warlon said:

Might have to actually beef up the Rebel side so that we don't wipe the floor with 'em!

Don't worry, I'm sure there will be plenty of complaining from some of the same people who say that Imperial players are a bunch of whiners right now! :P

And meanwhile the cohort of true Rebel players will continue to ask for a T-65 X-Wing fix and yet continue to be ignored...

I must admit guys, I was starting to get all hyped about the TIE Silencer and started to enjoy a bit of the cool-aid, but I have exhausted my thoughts on builds with it even if it's dial is sick (better than Scum, if that's possible) and I cannot see it breaking into the local meta as a real and consistent threat.

....therefore, I regained my senses and pre-ordered four Gunboats; one of course is a gift, haha!

I have been out of the loop for some time, because I only play HotaC and some casual Epic, but the Arrival of the Gunboat is amazing news. 

When it didnt exist, I wanted to get 6  of them for some Epic scenario's, but will it be any good? Or will 3 be more than enough?

7 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

For 100, I'd guess 3 would be the upper limit if you play tournies and want to play as many gunboats as possible with the best chance of success 

For epic? 8

If the generic Gunboat costs 20 (or even better, 19), you could easily (and decently) fly 4 of them in 100/6.

So, brothers, since the power of our will brought us the Gunboat, could you list the top 5 imperial ships you want in the game?

Mine:

1. TIE Reaper
  2. V-Wing (with young Tarkin)
  3. TIE Hunter
  4. TIE Avenger
  5. TIE Droid (because of the chance to add some very different mechanics and upgrades)

Bonus - Epic:

1. Arquitens-class light cruiser

EDIT: dang, I forgot the Skipray. Sorry, TIE Reaper (or TIE Droid?), you have to go.

Edited by Odanan

21 minutes ago, Odanan said:

If the generic Gunboat costs 20 (or even better, 19), you could easily (and decently) fly 4 of them in 100/6.

Not really, unless the ordnance title is great

At 19 you only get 6 points of upgrades to work with which isn't going to afford you anything that'll do much of any damage

Then there's the problem that ps 2 just kinda sucks if you run into any tlt spams or scouts/loks. Unless the 2nd title is crazy, I don't see any reason to 4 boat when you could 5 scimitar unguided lwf 

More info pending, ofc, but so far the boat just doesn't have the damage to merit running four outside of getting as many boat's as possible at 100 points 

Edited by ficklegreendice

51 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

*cough* Heroes of the Resistence *cough*

Touche.

50 minutes ago, Odanan said:

So, brothers, since the power of our will brought us the Gunboat, could you list the top 5 imperial ships you want in the game?

1.  TIE Hunter
2.  TIE Oppressor
3.  TIE Reaper
4.  TIE Avenger
5.  (space reserved for future unrevealed movie TIE)

Epic:  Class Four Container Transport to be the Empire's GR-75.

Edited by DarthEnderX

34 minutes ago, Odanan said:
  1. Arquitens-class light cruiser

Imperial Raider: 150 meters

Arquitens: 250 meters

Nebulon B: 300 meters

It wouldnt be quite as ridiculus as the neb B, but it is still almost twice the size of the raider and Tantive.

13 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Imperial Raider: 150 meters

Arquitens: 250 meters

Nebulon B: 300 meters

It wouldnt be quite as ridiculus as the neb B, but it is still almost twice the size of the raider and Tantive.

Light Cruiser (and Frigates) are built on hope.