FTS Gecko

XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat Thread

On 9/6/2017 at 4:12 AM, thespaceinvader said:

Given that they've already showed up on an x-wing card (they're on Viktor Hel's card) I somehow expect we might see them pretty soon.

The E wing has had that one obscure ship on its card for what, 5 waves now? Given the recent scum ships, I'm surprised it's not in game.

Those are Nagai fighters aren't they? The Nagai haven't appeared in Star Wars yet, and probably won't since Thrawn and the Chiss beat them to canon and they might not want to introduce too many blue people to confuse the issue on who is a chiss and who isn't.

Edited by Norsehound

2 minutes ago, Norsehound said:

Those are Nagai fighters aren't they? The Nagai haven't appeared in Star Wars yet, and probably won't since Thrawn and the Chiss beat them to canon and they might not want to introduce too many blue people to confuse the issue on who is a chiss and who isn't.

Nope, it's a Yevethan D-Type Trifoil Fighter.

tumblr_nqvjfzSAi21tgxs59o1_1280.jpg

latest?cb=20070607151213

this little beauty needs to be the next Reb ship.  It never had an official designation or name other than 'attack ship' but Vrad Dodonna (General Dodonna's son) and Luke Skywalker (and unknown astromech) flew it against the Executor (!) and had a special Power Gem attached to the nose to disable its shields.

I think the 'I-Wing' sums up this ship perfectly.  

2 att

3 agi

2 hull

2 shield

focus, TL, evade

Astromech, crew

dial like an A-wing

power gem as a unique mod that is discarded to make one ship at range 1 vulnerable for one combat phase to attacks be allowing attacking ships to ignore shields when dealing damage.

pilots are Vrad and Luke.

after that the T-wing for rebs and V-wing for Scum.  Gotta fill out the alphabet you know!

oh and GUNBOAT WE DID IT!

Edited by GrimmyV

10 hours ago, GrimmyV said:

latest?cb=20070607151213

this little beauty needs to be the next Reb ship.  It never had an official designation or name other than 'attack ship' but Vrad Dodonna (General Dodonna's son) and Luke Skywalker (and unknown astromech) flew it against the Executor (!) and had a special Power Gem attached to the nose to disable its shields.

2 att

3 agi

2 hull

2 shield

focus, TL, evade

Astromech, crew

dial like an A-wing

power gem as a unique mod that is discarded to make one ship at range 1 vulnerable for one combat phase to attacks be allowing attacking ships to ignore shields when dealing damage.

after that the T-wing for rebs and V-wing for Scum.  Gotta fill out the alphabet you know!

I would rather have the D-type, the T-wing, or the R-41 well before having a missile with a seat glued to it. I would get the feeling that thos ship wouldn't sell very well.

2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

T-Wing definitely deserves to be in the game.  Being flyable in both the X-Wing games AND SWG.

How would it be different from an A-Wing? The only answer I can think of is to add the new loops and maneuvers, but surely that's not enough. Would it be scum, or Rebels? Do you guys feel great with a hyper-maneuverable ship with hull 2 shield 1? Or does the Scyk do that already?

Wait... WAIT WAIT WAIT... when the **** did the T-Wing show up in Galaxies?! I quit about a year before the game shut down for good.... I thought I had all the ships!? Oh god, this is gonna bother me for some reason...

ANYWAY... in TIE Fighter, XvT, and X-Wing Alliance, the T-Wing was a joke. It was a faster Z-95 with better weapon placement. Honestly, if put in this game, I can't see it having more than 1 shield, 2 hull, and a WHOLE lot of red moves. Seriously, the Rebellion was always desperate for starfighters and even THEY didn't want this thing.

16 hours ago, GrimmyV said:

latest?cb=20070607151213

2 att

3 agi

2 hull

2 shield

focus, TL, evade

Astromech, crew

dial like an A-wing

I'm down for the Power Gem Attack Ship. It could be a low cost vessel with limited armament but used as a support that can effectively take down opponent ship's shielding.

2 hours ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

Wait... WAIT WAIT WAIT... when the **** did the T-Wing show up in Galaxies?! I quit about a year before the game shut down for good.... I thought I had all the ships!? Oh god, this is gonna bother me for some reason...

ANYWAY... in TIE Fighter, XvT, and X-Wing Alliance, the T-Wing was a joke. It was a faster Z-95 with better weapon placement. Honestly, if put in this game, I can't see it having more than 1 shield, 2 hull, and a WHOLE lot of red moves. Seriously, the Rebellion was always desperate for starfighters and even THEY didn't want this thing.

T-wing as a token like the Senator Shuttle.  In a large ship or epic box, with omission or campaign!  Might work.

T-wing would be the cheapest Torp carrier, probably 14 point at PS 1.  

Att 2

agi 3

hull 2

shield 1

focus TL evade BR ? Or boost

torp x 2

dial like E-wing with 5 k turn and 2 speed T-rolls.

rebs primarily but I'm not opposed to Scum as well.  Scum already has ALOT of 2 Att cheap ships tho.

Come on, we can make it cool, right?

3 hours ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

Wait... WAIT WAIT WAIT... when the **** did the T-Wing show up in Galaxies?! I quit about a year before the game shut down for good.... I thought I had all the ships!?

Apparently, the T-Wing, TIE Defender, and Scurrg H-6 were all added the game in an update that came out 6 months before the game shut down.

3 hours ago, Norsehound said:

How would it be different from an A-Wing? The only answer I can think of is to add the new loops and maneuvers, but surely that's not enough.

If a ship isn't different enough on it's own, FFG has shown themselves more than willing to just make **** up in order to make a ship more unique.

Edited by DarthEnderX

10 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Didn't the T-Wing have an astromech slot?  IIRC the game model in X-Wing: Alliance had one, at least.

I don't remember it having a droid slot but, hey, why not!  Anything to make moar awesomes.  And GUNBOAT needs more ships to splode anyway.