FTS Gecko

XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat Thread

I suppose the next battle is to convince Disney/Lucas Film to make the Gunboat film-canon. This will not be easy and will require the bravest of our many comrades. 

Edited by Eskandare
punctuation

7 hours ago, Eskandare said:

I suppose the next battle is to convince Disney/Lucas Film to make the Gunboat film-canon. This will not be easy and will require the bravest of our many comrades. 

Well, Pablo Hidalgo was there during FFG's GenCon presentation.  He can't fail to have noticed the roar when the Star Wing announcement was made.  Fingers crossed for that Imperial Academy "Top Gun" film featuring Maarek Stele and Soontir Fel...

2 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Well, Pablo Hidalgo was there during FFG's GenCon presentation.  He can't fail to have noticed the roar when the Star Wing announcement was made.  Fingers crossed for that Imperial Academy "Top Gun" film featuring Maarek Stele and Soontir Fel...

Don't forget to have plenty of space volleyball.

rs_560x265-160516103529-May_16_2016_0958

Edited by Tsiegtiez

2 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Top Gunboat - The Movie.

So....

whats next?  

DX-7 is a worthy choice.  Taken in context with the films it seems to fit the role that the LAAT and the FO Troop Transport filled, showing that ships may change but combat roles stay the same over the decades.  I mean, chop the wings off the LAAT, close up the side doors, square up to he angles and don't make the guns so obvious and you get the DX-7.  It's like the empire took the basic design of a troop transport from their Republic surplus and said 'hey, lets make a more robust version for space duty, no wings and fins or other silliness because this thing is for fleet duty, not planet side sightseeing.

27 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

There's a canon version of the DX-9?

Yes, the DX-9 is canon.

BTW, he is my quick & dirt version of the DX-9:

transport_pilot_front_face1_by_odanan-db

Comes with a dial even worse than the Lambda, a title that lets you do Reinforce actions in you frontal firing arc, a "heavy" ion cannon (takes two cannon slots) that gives 2 ion tokens and 2 damage when hit and some double crew cards very powerful against epic ships.

23 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Maybe means the Imperial Patrol Transport?

Police_gunships_Lothal.png

Yes!! and please let it have a white stop manouver, red 2-slops, system slot, tech slot, and focus, target lock, barrel roll, and reload action :-D 

Would be fun to have those guys parked and firing volleys, while the Gunboat slams around corraling the herd infront of these bad boys. 

On ‎02‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:01 AM, FTS Gecko said:

"Your egos writing checks your body can't cash"

Not really, I just like that quote.

I for one vote for the Imperial Academy Top Gunboat movie. It's a cool ship and I hope it does become official Canon. If not in the fourth season of Rebels, perhaps it'll show up in the Han Solo movie. We can hope.

1 hour ago, Eskandare said:

You mean the Delta-class DX-9 Storm Trooper Transport, yes? :D

CvPnd0L.jpg

Oops, yes, I must have been mixing up the Deltas.  

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

Maybe means the Imperial Patrol Transport?

Police_gunships_Lothal.png

Those look like the Sienar version of the Delta-class DX-9 from Telgorn Corperation.  There seems to have been intense completion to fill the gap  of patrol ships and transports for the Empire.

5 hours ago, Eskandare said:

You mean the Delta-class DX-9 Storm Trooper Transport, yes? :D

CvPnd0L.jpg

The problem I have with Fractal's version of this ship, is that it loses the "Head" that directly referenced the All Terrain Troop Transport, another stormtrooper-transporting vehical.

4 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

The problem I have with Fractal's version of this ship, is that it loses the "Head" that directly referenced the All Terrain Troop Transport, another stormtrooper-transporting vehical.

That is true, as much as I like 'love' all of Fractal's work, losing the neck does make it look strange. If you look carefully, the canon version has the neck. I have to admit even craft that didn't quite seem imperial gets a good Imperial makeover in his renderings. 

CKDuXoG.png 

Edited by Eskandare