FTS Gecko

XG-1 "Star Wing" Assault Gunboat Thread

Anyone else hope the Gunboat ends up being the Imperial Regen ship? Would shield regen possibly make a ship you load up with expensive ordinance worth it?

Probably about as much chance of that happening as there being an Imperial fighter with a turret upgrade. Heck it's like pulling teeth just to get them to release something without solar panels and an eyeball cockpit.

This is why I can't see Miner Guild ties in scum, Sabine's Tie is not really a Tie game rules-wise, It's not particularly cheap, can't be Swarmed as all the pilots are Unique, it really is a support ship with a Tie Chassis. However I can't see the Miner Guild Tie being anything but a cheap spamable ship. Which is cool, but is something at the moment is really a Imperial thing, the Z-95 doesn't really see that use. Giving it to Scum would just dilute the factions, in the same way as giving Imperials Astromechs, Turrets or Regen. Imperial Regen is not being hit in the first place.

You know, I wouldn't totally mind if the gunboat lost its secondary wings.

It'd be a bit more lambda like but it'd be that much more consistent with the imperial aesthetic, honestly.

If you delete the stub wings, it ceases to have five wings. If it ceases to have five wings, it ceases to be the Starwing. 

It becomes some other assault gunboat. 

I don't object to changing the design, but you can't have something called the "Starwing" not have five wings. 

It'd be a bit more lambda like but it'd be that much more consistent with the imperial aesthetic, honestly.

If you delete the stub wings, it ceases to have five wings. If it ceases to have five wings, it ceases to be the Starwing. 

I don't object to changing the design, but you can't have something called the "Starwing" not have five wings.

I never even considered that. Though, Starwing or not, it's still a gunboat.

I think it's time to use terror tactics, I'm talking zero deodorant here people maximum stank.

*GASP*

*readies slapping fish*

Hobo! There are some lows that we cannot stoop too..! They may call us terrorists for such horrible actions!

I do believe section alpha, paragraph beta, covers use of chemical weapons at sanctioned tournaments:

Unsportsmanlike Conduct Players are expected to behave in a mature and considerate manner, and to play within the rules and not abuse them. This prohibits intentionally stalling a game for time, placing components with excessive force, abusing an infinite combo, inappropriate behavior, treating an opponent with a lack of courtesy or respect, etc. Collusion among players to manipulate scoring is expressly forbidden. The TO, at his sole discretion, may remove players from the tournament for unsportsmanlike conduct.

An ImperialTerrorist:P  ;):lol:

I think it's time to use terror tactics, I'm talking zero deodorant here people maximum stank.

*GASP*

*readies slapping fish*

Hobo! There are some lows that we cannot stoop too..! They may call us terrorists for such horrible actions!

I do believe section alpha, paragraph beta, covers use of chemical weapons at sanctioned tournaments:

Unsportsmanlike Conduct Players are expected to behave in a mature and considerate manner, and to play within the rules and not abuse them. This prohibits intentionally stalling a game for time, placing components with excessive force, abusing an infinite combo, inappropriate behavior, treating an opponent with a lack of courtesy or respect, etc. Collusion among players to manipulate scoring is expressly forbidden. The TO, at his sole discretion, may remove players from the tournament for unsportsmanlike conduct.

They really should add hygiene to that section.

People have made shirts, but what if someone made a big 3d Starwing hat to wear at tournaments? I'll just put this here... http://www.bigguyhats.com/

*GASP*

*readies slapping fish*

They really should add hygiene to that section.

People have made shirts, but what if someone made a big 3d Starwing hat to wear at tournaments? I'll just put this here... http://www.bigguyhats.com/

Starwing hats...that's a glorious  idea.

The TIE Interdictor says "hi." IF they made a Gunboat, it might not be called a Starwing anymore...

Back to the image, though, didn't the guy that initially posted it a while back cop to it being a fake?