Sign in to follow this  
dvorm

Bring Out the Big Guns! Wave 5 announcement

Just a question..  Aren't missiles and Torpedoes considered to be secondary weapons??

Chardaan Refit is not.

All others start with the header "Attack:". That makes them secondary weapons.

So... that means that torpedoes and missiles ARE?  I don't care about Chardaan..  But if the Missiles ARE considered secondary weapons, then the Outrider means that missiles and Torpedoes can be used in a 360 arc.  And once discarded, guess what?  You still have your main gun to fall back on..  Am I wrong in this assumption??

No, the Outrider says the [Cannon] upgrades specifically.

Just a question..  Aren't missiles and Torpedoes considered to be secondary weapons??

Chardaan Refit is not.

So... that means that torpedoes and missiles ARE?  I don't care about Chardaan..  But if the Missiles ARE considered secondary weapons, then the Outrider means that missiles and Torpedoes can be used in a 360 arc.  And once discarded, guess what?  You still have your main gun to fall back on..  Am I wrong in this assumption??

The outrider title specifies cannons

Crap..  Just noticed that..  Face it though - that would be awesome (if a bit OP - ok a LOT OP)  I was hoping to drop Assault Missiles while running in the opposite direction, and then come back strafing.  Guess those dreams are dashed (Get it DASHed??)

Chardaan Refit is not.

Yes, you're entirely incorrect unfortunately.

The card shows the Cannon option as part of the text. It's only Cannon upgrades that it applies to, not other secondaries.

outrider.png

Chardaan Refit is not.

Look at the card. It specifically uses the CANNON upgrade symbol.

I know this is a bit of a stretch, but does Outrider turn your secondary cannon into your primary for purposes such as, say Gunner?

That is a **** good question.  Probably not, I'd have to think it would nullify Gunner.

Why would a "Secondary" become a "Primary?" Nothing on the cards remotely supports that. So, if you cannot perform Primary weapon attacks due to having the Outrider title/cannon equipped, then you can't activate Gunner.

Already in love with Mara and the Fleet Officer (ruleswise off course)...

"Ruleswise". Sure.  ;) 

... but the Decimator made have to work hard to sell itself for me, 'cause around 40 points mark for a large ship with no evade dice despite 3 crew, cannon and system -as it appears- (well, I will pre-order one for the cards; but table presence-wise it might just end like the Firespray)

Just like the Firespray? You mean completely awesome?

I'm seeing Proton Rockets with the 2400. Have those already been released with something else or is that new?

They're the only(?) unspoiled card left in Rebel Aces.

Chardaan Refit is not.

The Outrider card doesn't say if a Secondary Weapon is equipped.  It says if a Cannon is Equipped.  Only cannons can be used as a turret.

Chardaan Refit is not.

Only Cannon secondary weapon attacks. The title specifies that!

So much to adjust to. Can we please stop getting the Imperials are getting shafted complaints?

The Outrider looks awesome. The title is going to be very interesting. Supe up it's firepower, but risk leaving yourself vulnerable up close. I guess it's Arvel's time to shine. With only 2 Atk, it will be interesting to see how much use the Outride will get. Dash is great for maneuvering the asteroids, it will be interesting to see what the other 2 pilots do. But, it is a nice cheaper turret. Interesting upgrades, though. Lando is going to be fun. We also get Dash and Leebo as crew, which could help make the Outrider. I am curious what the modifications are. The unique one looks to be Expert Intelligence. The other is Collision Measures? I'm thinking we get two of those. Really curious to see what they do. I'm betting that the Stay on Target and Long(something) are the player cards.

Decimator is interesting. 3 primary turret. We all know how nasty that is. Triple crew is going to be interesting. Especially with all those new Imperial only options. Fleet Officer is amazing. I can think of some of the Imperial Pilots that would love to have the extra Focus. Mara Jade really punishes range 1 engagements. I love it. And it's after the combat phase, so suck it Advanced Sensors B-wings, especially you Keyan. But, I am excited about Ion Torpedoes, Intimidates?, and Ruthlessness? to see what they do. And all those nice Imperial crew.

And I can't wait to see how we use those debris tokens.

Already in love with Mara and the Fleet Officer (ruleswise off course)...

"Ruleswise". Sure.  ;) 

... but the Decimator made have to work hard to sell itself for me, 'cause around 40 points mark for a large ship with no evade dice despite 3 crew, cannon and system -as it appears- (well, I will pre-order one for the cards; but table presence-wise it might just end like the Firespray)

Just like the Firespray? You mean completely awesome?

I'm seeing Proton Rockets with the 2400. Have those already been released with something else or is that new?

They're the only(?) unspoiled card left in Rebel Aces.

Nah, we've still got a B-Wing and A-Wing Pilot unspoiled as well.

We also get Dash and Leebo as crew, which could help make the Outrider. I am curious what the modifications are. The unique one looks to be Expert Intelligence. The other is Collision Measures? 

I could be 100% wrong but it looks like it could be 'Counter Measures'

Edited by Kenix

We also get Dash and Leebo as crew, which could help make the Outrider. I am curious what the modifications are. The unique one looks to be Expert Intelligence. The other is Collision Measures? 

I could be 100% wrong but it looks like it could be 'Counter Measures'

I agree, I think it's Counter Measures.

So much to adjust to. Can we please stop getting the Imperials are getting shafted complaints?

The Outrider looks awesome. The title is going to be very interesting. Supe up it's firepower, but risk leaving yourself vulnerable up close. I guess it's Arvel's time to shine. With only 2 Atk, it will be interesting to see how much use the Outride will get. Dash is great for maneuvering the asteroids, it will be interesting to see what the other 2 pilots do. But, it is a nice cheaper turret. Interesting upgrades, though. Lando is going to be fun. We also get Dash and Leebo as crew, which could help make the Outrider. I am curious what the modifications are. The unique one looks to be Expert Intelligence. The other is Collision Measures? I'm thinking we get two of those. Really curious to see what they do. I'm betting that the Stay on Target and Long(something) are the player cards.

Decimator is interesting. 3 primary turret. We all know how nasty that is. Triple crew is going to be interesting. Especially with all those new Imperial only options. Fleet Officer is amazing. I can think of some of the Imperial Pilots that would love to have the extra Focus. Mara Jade really punishes range 1 engagements. I love it. And it's after the combat phase, so suck it Advanced Sensors B-wings, especially you Keyan. But, I am excited about Ion Torpedoes, Intimidates?, and Ruthlessness? to see what they do. And all those nice Imperial crew.

And I can't wait to see how we use those debris tokens.

No offense Sithborg, but I doubt we will stop getting those threads. The answer to this is even in your own assessment.

The only thing that the Falcon has that the Decimator doesn't is 1 agility die, and the ability to get Evade tokens. 

The Decimator has the Falcon completely outclassed as far as HP and Upgrades go.

The Lvl 8 pilot costs the exact same as Han Solo, by the bye.

The Falcon will most likely have a better dial between the two.

Well this is exciting. I'm a little underwhelmed by the YT-2400. I was hoping for a 180° firing arc and no turret, plus a systems upgrade. I'm not familiar with EU stuff, but what I read about the YT-2400 said its turrets only had 180° range. The turning cannons to turrets will be fun though. That is definitely something to get excited about. Barrel roll on a large ship should be enough to get things out of range 1 for that HLC.

The Decimator just looks awesome. I want one purely for the size. Hard to say if it will be competitive. Its expensive for 0 agility, but I guess if you are shooting it, you are not shooting the rest of the squad. 16 HP just begs for Vader crew.