Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vault756

Large Monster Movement

3 posts in this topic

So I didn't see this specific question asked anywhere so I thought I'd go ahead. When a large monster ends it's movement it can get a sort of "expanding bonus" to sort of cheat an extra space or 2 in there. What I want to know is can a large monster interrupt it's move action, without doing anything, and then start it back up immediately afterwards to get multiple expanding bonuses in a single move action?

So I didn't see this specific question asked anywhere so I thought I'd go ahead. When a large monster ends it's movement it can get a sort of "expanding bonus" to sort of cheat an extra space or 2 in there. What I want to know is can a large monster interrupt it's move action, without doing anything, and then start it back up immediately afterwards to get multiple expanding bonuses in a single move action?

A large monster only expands when interrupting or ending a move action. You can't "interrupt an action" on a whim, you have to be interrupting it to perform another action (such as performing an attack, or an additional move action.) So, to answer your question: barring cards that grant additional actions, a large monster can interrupt its movement and expand once to perform a second action, and then it expands when it ends its move action.