Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icewolf200

Han vs Boba, Father vs Son

7 posts in this topic

Just got my X-Wing the past week and my son has been wanting to play since I told him we were getting some.  He is 6 years old and a huge Star Wars fan.  We started with just the starter and only did movement and firing.  He catches on pretty quick on that.  So he really wants to fly the Falcon with Han so I let him use it and I run Boba and Slave.  What happens is a positioning battle and an incredible amount of luck by him that gets me down to 1 Hull left and him having all Hull, but no shields.  Next few turns I am able to knock him down to two Hull left while being able to evade every shot from Solo.  He then rolls 2 hits and I roll only 1 evade giving him the win. 

Going to do one more game which I'm using the TIE Advanced just for fun then I'm going to introduce Stress and Actions to the games.  Work him up slowly to special powers and cards next.

Next round

Han

Luke

Wedge

vs

Soontir Fel

Darth Vader

Saber Squad

Cap Jonus

Before the game was stopped and had to be picked up Saber Squad had 2 hits and Han had two shields down but we have to restart it.

His Wedge was actually Red Squadron pilot and yes, he whooped me again.  Without me teaching him, he focused his firepower on ships that were causing him the most problems.  I took out Han, and he took out everyone. 

Next game, actions and stress tokens will be added.

And things have been ugly for me as well.  He has been destroying my lists with Han for several games.  So two games before tonight's he goes without Han and still smokes me.  So tonight's battle is this, with a more standard size table and asteroids added to the mix.  He is also picking up on the pilot abilities and using to great effect.

Howlrunner

Mauler Mithil

Night Beast

Dark Curse

Backstabber

Winged Gundark

vs

Wedge Antilles

Luke Skywalker

Dutch Vander

Grey Squadron Pilot

After a couple rounds he has Wedge with 1 hull left, Dutch with no shields, Grey and Luke full and I'm down 3 TIE's.  Wedge runs into an asteroid and takes out one of my biggest headaches and I finally take out Dutch along with losing 2 more TIE's.  Leaving me with Winged Gundark at full vs Luke with 1 Hull and Grey with 2 Hull remaining and 2 active Critical hits.  Gundark adds another critical hit to Grey but Grey then 1 shots him.  Closest game we've had in a while and for a 6 year old I am impressed by how he is picking up on things and how his flying skills have improved.

I'm sorry why am I hearing Sir Alec Guinness?

"...When I first knew him...was already a great pilot. But I was amazed how strongly the Force was with him..."

:)

Just got my X-Wing the past week and my son has been wanting to play since I told him we were getting some.  He is 6 years old and a huge Star Wars fan.  We started with just the starter and only did movement and firing.  He catches on pretty quick on that.  So he really wants to fly the Falcon with Han so I let him use it and I run Boba and Slave.  What happens is a positioning battle and an incredible amount of luck by him that gets me down to 1 Hull left and him having all Hull, but no shields.  Next few turns I am able to knock him down to two Hull left while being able to evade every shot from Solo.  He then rolls 2 hits and I roll only 1 evade giving him the win. 

Going to do one more game which I'm using the TIE Advanced just for fun then I'm going to introduce Stress and Actions to the games.  Work him up slowly to special powers and cards next.

Next round

Han

Luke

Wedge

vs

Soontir Fel

Darth Vader

Saber Squad

Cap Jonus

Before the game was stopped and had to be picked up Saber Squad had 2 hits and Han had two shields down but we have to restart it.

sounds fun, especially since i am ten myself and play with my dad.

Last game we played before some family things came up was with some Wave IV fun.  First tournament at the closest game store is on August 2nd so have to get more in before then and he wants to play in it.  But first, the latest rebel victory was

Luke Skywalker

Corran Horn

Airen Cracken

Bandit Squadron

(Don't remember which cards he had for upgrades)

vs

Echo

Rexlar Brath

2 Academy Ties

(Besides ACD, don't remember rest of upgrades)

He was shocked at what the Phantom could do, especially Echo.  He wipes the Defender out with focused fire, then he wipes out Echo even though the Phantom is cloaked.  Yes, his dice rolls are far superior.  So with my Academy Ties left the only damage he has taken is 1 hull remaining on Bandit Z-95 after the Phantom hit him hard from range 1.  Then the chase is on for positioning and he wipes out the two Academy Pilots.  I hope my luck changes during the tournament in August.