Sign in to follow this  
SurferDudeMB2

Please help- How many Vipers?

I just recently bought this game, and I'm trying to prepare to spring it on my group. However, I can't figure out how many Vipers I'm supposed to start the game with. The rulebook says I should have eight, but the game came with ten. So I'm not sure if the rulebook was misprinted, or if I just have a couple extra. Posts to boardgamegeek and Reddit give me conflicting reports. Some say I start with eight, others say I should have eight in reserve with the two on the board at setup. Knowing a big part of the game is keeping the number of Vipers in check, it seems if I have too many or too few could really skew the game.

If you are using any combination of expansions *without* the cylon fleet board you start with eight standard vipers

If you are using any combination of expansions *with* the cylon fleet board you start with six standard vipers and four advanced mk7 vipers. However the 4 advanced vipers start the game damaged.

SEPARATELY IN ADDITION:

If you are using the daybreak expansion (ie extra skill cards and mutiny cards), you additionally get 1 assault raptor on top of the above to start with (which ofc is a viper for all game effects). Starting game setup always entails standard vipers being deployed to the two launch tubes areas however original lee *may* start in an assault viper if he wants to -> but probably doesn't want to as it doesn't pair well with his alert pilot ability..... Unless he is really really paranoid about being targeted by a cylon whilst on Galactica and wants to stay out all the time.... In which case he should probably have picked Starbuck t play instead ;p