Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KineticOperator

Another Day, Another Defender Mauling

82 posts in this topic

White 4 Kturns are awesome with HLC... until your opponent deviates from the joust and you're stuck staring at pretty stars in the deep expanses of space.

Haven't really had that problem. So far I've used WKT seldom enough that when I finally did do it, my opponents weren't expecting it or had forgotten about it.

This won't happen against for very long or against good opponents.

Exactly.  Or vs. Interceptors, phantoms, or awings and probably ewings.  They bank and turn and you have no hope of keeping them in sights if they don't want you to.  Gotta keep those guys at range 1. 

White 4 Kturns are awesome with HLC... until your opponent deviates from the joust and you're stuck staring at pretty stars in the deep expanses of space.

Haven't really had that problem. So far I've used WKT seldom enough that when I finally did do it, my opponents weren't expecting it or had forgotten about it.

This won't happen against for very long or against good opponents.

Exactly.  Or vs. Interceptors, phantoms, or awings and probably ewings.  They bank and turn and you have no hope of keeping them in sights if they don't want you to.  Gotta keep those guys at range 1. 

For that I've been using good secondary weapons and getting by with a little help from my friends. BST with targeting computer, or the recent upswing in using cheap bombers as fighters has turned Vessery into an HLC wielding beast. Then it doesn't matter if you've got their left buttock at range 3 by a millimeter. It's still 4 attack with TL and focus.

KineticOperator likes this

0-2 with the delta defender.  Not working out for me.  Gets focused down awfully fast for a 3ag ship with 6 hp.  Vessary was a terror when I tried him though. 

0-2 with the delta defender.  Not working out for me.  Gets focused down awfully fast for a 3ag ship with 6 hp.  Vessary was a terror when I tried him though.

Try this build for the Delta and tell me how it worked out for you:

-Delta + HLC

- Howl + ST

- Mauler + ST

- Academy x2

You start the game with the Delta and Mauler on one side and the other 3 Ties on the other flank. Your Delta will shoot at PS7 thanks to Mauler.

I had great success so far with this mini swarm!

Had my first game with the Defender last night (HLC and EU upgrades + Boba Fett with various stuff). Won by a very small margin against dual Falcons which was a nightmare opponent. The white koiogran came to good use and didn't seem to be that obvious for my opponent to spot as I had anticipated.

Looks like its time to get some more Illuminum Falcons for the Engine upgrades then.

The Engine Upgrade was only used 3-4 times at the start of the game to set up my attack (basically making sure that only one Falcon could hit me and that at Range 3). When I started firing away with my HLC I defaulted to Focus. Made my opponent eat three crits twice :)

KineticOperator likes this