Sign in to follow this  
Tanarri

Imperial Control.....thoughts?

Ok I would have named the list imperial domination but that implies winning I think.

OGP + Ion Cannon, Tactician, Tactician

Jonus + Squad Leader

Gama + Flechette, IPM, munition failsafe

Gama + Flechette, IPM, munition failsafe

I could down grade the gamas to scimitar and get 2 more flechettes. I could drop a tactician or squad leader for APL on the shuttle since I have been using it more as a blocker lately.

I have played a game with a slight variation of this list, but it was a 3 player FFA so I don't know that it counts. The shuttle was definitely a blocker that game. I had problems getting target locks with the gammas which is why jonus has squad leader. Out of 8 opposing ships 6 had PS 5+.

Thoughts, advice, criticism?

I would drop the shuttle and throw in a interceptor that can actually flank and kill the target you just Ioned or stressed. Otherwise you just have a very tanky build that's just going to keep the enemy flying in a straight line for a while.

I would drop the shuttle and throw in a interceptor that can actually flank and kill the target you just Ioned or stressed. Otherwise you just have a very tanky build that's just going to keep the enemy flying in a straight line for a while.

The Shuttle needs an Engine Upgrade.

In all honesty you're going to have trouble dealing damage. You have a bunch of low cost low damage ordnance, and 3 Bombers. That said, I wouldn't ditch the shuttle, I'd ditch the bombers. Add a Bounty hunter with Ions and Rebel Captive.

Fill in with Ties.

This concept works better in an epic list where it's a wing of your fleet meant to tank the frontal assault while your flankers eat the stressed Ioned ships. After that if they live you're well set up to take out any huge ships, with ion cannons and the like.

What about putting in a Sigma + Recon + SPA? I know the Phantom isn't out yet but if your list is already asking for IPM then might as well try a phantom

Also if you're trying for control and stress infliction, would you really want Jonus on your list? With Munitions Failsafe if you miss on the missile you still cause the stress and keep the ordnance.

Just a thought :)

What about putting in a Sigma + Recon + SPA? I know the Phantom isn't out yet but if your list is already asking for IPM then might as well try a phantom

Also if you're trying for control and stress infliction, would you really want Jonus on your list? With Munitions Failsafe if you miss on the missile you still cause the stress and keep the ordnance.

Just a thought :)

You would use the Jonus rerolls on your hit results ;)

My thinking for jonus is that I want to hit. I need to deal damage. I can/have/will still whiff dice rolls even with jonus and I also need the other bombers to be able to function on their own if Jonus dies or they aren't in range one for whatever reason. Thus munitions failsafe.

As for damage capablity the bombers get 3 dice at range 1 which isn't too hard to manage for them on this list other wise they have the same fire power as a Z or tie fighter. Also I am getting 3 dice shots from both flechette and ion pulse though I do realize that is only 2 shots each. Plus I have the shuttle which is 3 or 4 dice if I don't use the ion cannon.

I thought about putting APT or even bombs on the bombers but can't figure out what to drop to fit them.

I could drop the gammas add in a bounty hunter with ion and rebel captive and give jonus IPM and FT I wouldn't need squad leader anymore so that would leave me with 6 points to spend, which is something I think I will test out when I get a chance and see how it fares. I absolutely hate using tie fighters. I have the worst luck with them. They blow almost anytime a single ship fires at them, rarely it takes 2, I think I had a tie fighter survive 3 rounds of fire from a single ship once.

As for the shuttle I feel its integral to the list. I took engine upgrade off becuase I haven't really needed it in the last few games and I could use the points elsewhere. I can get back into the fight a round later then I would with engine upgrade as long as the shuttle isn't the last ship standing. Though I did find that there is atleast once a game I do use it/wish I had it I am not sure if once a game boost maneuver is worth it. I do usually run a shuttle with engine upgrade this list is just tight on points and I think I like APL better for this particular list.

If I was running an epic list I would run this as the core force and have interceptors or phantoms or both on the flanks. I don't think I could fit a phantom in to this list and still have it have a decent control element. I could drop a gamma for lorrir but I don't know that that helps a whole lot either.

I think you need more damage too.  Also, having the Ion Pulse Missiles and the Flechettes probably dont really end up being all that synergistic.  

Have you tried 4 Shuttles with Anti-Pursuit and Tactician?  =D

Also take a look at my DPS builds:  Defender Phantom Shuttle.  Both Shuttle and Phantom can take Tactician and the Defender and Shuttle can take Ion

Empire just doesn't have the tricks, synergy, or turrets the the SCUM do.  I tried Imperial Control with my Kath Kontrol build but it struggles to do what the SCUM do pretty easily and for cheaper.  Empire is really more "Kill the Terrorists" anyway. 

I only have 1 shuttle so even though I would enjoy running more then 1 shuttle I don't think it's pocket book friendly.

I didn't think to do defender phantom shuttle. I will have to look into that, though it will have a much different feel to it.

Delta + ion

Echo + advanced cloaking device, VI or outmaneuver and tactician

OGP + ion tactician tactician

Could be a very fun list. The meta here is filled with chewie though.

Flechette and Ions are so much about me ionizing and stressing a single target in one go unless I target something the shuttle ioned but more using one or the other when I need it. The flechette are for forcing green maneuvers or action denial, while the ions are used as ions will be used for not necessarily for the same target though that may be what happens.

Rebels can do this easier but I would rather fly imperials. Y-wings with ion turrets and flechette torps are the easiest addition.

Hm....I like the way you think.

I threw together the following:

OGP+ion cannon+tacticianx2

BH+ion cannon+rebel captive (or tactician)

Delta+ion cannon

Potential 3 stress and 3 ions per turn, and don't have any one use only discards.  Could also switch the captive with one of the shuttle tacticians so you have two chances of getting a R2 shot.  Plus all three ships can switch from ion fire to standard 3 red primaries to kill stuff once you setup good shots.  Just focus and you have lots of target flexibility.  Also all three are rather tough to kill.  Then grin as your shuttle outmaneuvers his ioned+stress ships :)

I'm looking forward to trying a squad like this, whether Rebel or Imperial. With the least amount of change to what's in the OP, I might first try downgrading the Gammas to Scimitars and adding an Engine Upgrade to the OGP. The only thing I don't like it with such low PS, it'll be hard to get both of the Bombers Target Locks at the same time, so one can Flechette a target while the other Ionizes it.

To that end, this is the best I could do off the top of my head:

Colonel Jendon (26)

+ Ion Cannon (3)

+ Tactician (2)

+ Intelligence Agent (1)

Captain Jonus (22)

+ Squad Leader (2)

Scimitar Squadron Bomber (16) x2

+ Ion Pulse Missile (3)

+ Flechette Torpedo (2)

+ Munitions Failsafe (1)

Fun in theory at least, and kinda fun to use so many cheap upgrades and still end up with a 4-ship squad.

Edited by ObiWonka

I'm looking forward to trying a squad like this, whether Rebel or Imperial. With the least amount of change to what's in the OP, I might first try downgrading the Gammas to Scimitars and adding an Engine Upgrade to the OGP. The only thing I don't like it with such low PS, it'll be hard to get both of the Bombers Target Locks at the same time, so one can Flechette a target while the other Ionizes it.

To that end, this is the best I could do off the top of my head:

Colonel Jendon (26)

+ Ion Cannon (3)

+ Tactician (2)

+ Intelligence Agent (1)

Captain Jonus (22)

+ Squad Leader (2)

Scimitar Squadron Bomber (16) x2

+ Ion Pulse Missile (3)

+ Flechette Torpedo (2)

+ Munitions Failsafe (1)

Fun in theory at least, and kinda fun to use so many cheap upgrades and still end up with a 4-ship squad.

While the scimitars won't be able to target lock on their own this gets 2 target locks out at ps 6 and they can have focus + target lock. I like it