Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redripper

A Question On Melee w/Core Set

2 posts in this topic

Hoping to get some feedback on this.

Friends in my gaming group are all into Game of Thrones, or keep discussing how it's on their to-do list for the summer. I am considering in my next big game purchase to get either the 2nd edition board game, or get the LCG core set for us to play with.

I don't really think we'll all be getting involved in the LCG model, and other than maybe getting deluxe expansions to shake things up after we've had it for a while, I think we'll only be playing with the core set.

That being said, is melee with four players using just the core set going to satiate us as a regular game? This will come out on gaming nights alongside other games as an option. I'm mostly interested since it can support 4 players which is about the magic number in most of the things we play, and would be considerably cheaper than getting the 2nd edition board game instead. 

I'd say 4 players is a good size, 3 is too few. I haven't tried with 6, but 5 is also pretty good. It's a good game with alot of variety in how the decks are played and I' advice you to give it a go. It works better then 4 player GoT Boardgame in my opinion.