Sign in to follow this  
Tidy Fender

Major Artwork Error

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the Expanded Cargo Hold upgrade for the Rebel Transport?

Cargo_-_Expanded_Cargo_Hold.png

This is the hangar bay for the Covenant SDV-class heavy corvette Ardent Prayer as featured in the XBox 360 game Halo Reach. There are two Phantoms coming in to deliver troops. Two Elites, four Jackals and six Grunts are already there. This is both a campaign mission and a Firefight mission, I've spent hours there. I'd recognise it anywhere.

1480918-hangar.jpg

This is more than just an error, isn't it? It's bad enough that it is recogniseably not Star Wars. I don't know how FFG acquires their image licenses, but it seems unusually to me that Microsoft would license a screenshot of their videogame to an unrelated Star Wars tabletop product. What happened here?

Its a fake card. There is no identifier in the lower left corner and I have the GR 75 and it certainly did not come with this card.

And that is not the picture on the card that I have in my collection.

I think he found this on AFM which has spoilers of every card. However, when they don't have a scan for the card they will use a proxy image in its place til they get the real image. Not much to see here.

Oh man I was wondering what the deal was with the art from that card, didn't guess it was that. I've spent countless hours jet packing firing rockets in that cargo bay. Saw it on AFM as well. Good thing it isn't the actual card.

Edited by Rob Jedi

In that case, question answered. I've only just started this game, and I came across this image while researching other sets. It didn't occur to me that there would be peculiar mock-ups like this in place of simple text where actual images were not available. I've been worrying about this for a couple of days, because I really like this game and I'd be very dissappointed if it got shut down by an absurd legal blunder.

In that case, question answered. I've only just started this game, and I came across this image while researching other sets. It didn't occur to me that there would be peculiar mock-ups like this in place of simple text where actual images were not available. I've been worrying about this for a couple of days, because I really like this game and I'd be very dissappointed if it got shut down by an absurd legal blunder.

That would be a really difficult mistake for them to make, since there's good reason to suspect that Lucasfilm has a say in the approval process for their artwork. And the odds that FFG puts in a Bungie screenshot as a placeholder, and LFL doesn't notice… I'd guess probably about 3,720 to 1.