Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kyrie

Khazad-Dum Nightmare released!!

43 posts in this topic

Oh wow, they are actually out now.... that is really impressive and makes me alot less frustrated about the insane delay for the ring maker cycle.. gonna have to order these today. The art just looks insanely insanely good and the new borders and whatnot on the quest cards looks amazing.

cewl

me likes the goblin resource thingy

Agreed, the quests are at their best when the encounter set develops it's own combos, something that's harder to generally do outside of nightmare mode since all but one set are normally more straightforward since they end up being used in multiple quests across the cycle

This came out of nowhere and looks awesome!! This is everything Khazad-dum was meant to be: limited use of a torch, high chance of death, swarms of goblins, Balrog attacks! And all 3 are sold together which I think is definitely a good choice for Deluxe boxes. Woohoo! :)

I don't understand; as far as I an tell my local retailer hasn't managed to get in any of the nightmare decks besides the core set.

So are there now 9 others (Khazad + the entire mirkwood cycle) that are out that I can't get locally? Is there a delay on these arriving in the UK or is my local supplier not stocking them?

I don't understand; as far as I an tell my local retailer hasn't managed to get in any of the nightmare decks besides the core set.

So are there now 9 others (Khazad + the entire mirkwood cycle) that are out that I can't get locally? Is there a delay on these arriving in the UK or is my local supplier not stocking them?

These are all print on demand, so generally retailers don't stock them. That doesn't mean that some stores can't if they want, but I think these are generally viewed as "extras", not main retail items for the game. Most of the time, customers have to order them from FFG directly

These are all print on demand, so generally retailers don't stock them. That doesn't mean that some stores can't if they want, but I think these are generally viewed as "extras", not main retail items for the game. Most of the time, customers have to order them from FFG directly

I got three of the Mirkwood nightmare packs from gameslore, and massing from Amazon, but all the other PODs I've had to order direct from FFG. I did see some of them in Forbidden Planet in Birmingham last week, though.

my FLGS has all of them - maybe you can ask yours to order them?

They definitely are cool! I love the goblin resource thing, but the amount of cave torch hate in Into the Pit is probably my favourite aspect of all three  :)

booored likes this

Coolstuffinc said they would probably have this in stock in the summer. Just fyi. Looking forward to this release a lot!

Coolstuffinc said they would probably have this in stock in the summer. Just fyi. Looking forward to this release a lot!

This is where to buy them!  Coolstuff has them for $5.50.  Amazon sells them for about $10 each.....ebay is worse.....In the stores its like $8.... 

KD and Long Dark are my most anticipated nightmare decks right now.  Can't wait!  Looks like Into the Pit isn't quite as improved as the others.....we'll see.  

Order from Pbay for 27usd. Should get in 2 weeks. Sure will make a Review video + long session with 1 journey for all 3 quests!

Mine came in yesterday but I'm hoping to get an opportunity to play them today. Will give update on how they hold up. Glarung: will be looking forward to your videos

Mine came in yesterday but I'm hoping to get an opportunity to play them today. Will give update on how they hold up. Glarung: will be looking forward to your videos

Nice! Mine should be arriving in the next few days. Also ordered lake town and nightmare hills, (last packs I don't have) very excited!

If you could take pics of just a couple of the cooler cards and show us that'd be awesome =)

Nw if you can't or don't want to obviously

Sorry for the crappy images but it was the best i could muster (even though my crotch is in two of them), tried not to recycle cards that were already shown in the release post. After looking through I think "into the pit" is going to receive the biggest bump in difficulty, all the new enemies in there are just terrible and that shadow dweller is just insane