Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sigmazero13

A few wishlist things

11 posts in this topic

A few things I'd like to see as a "wishlist":

• In the text editing parts, allow an easy way to add a "narrative" box like the official quests have (with a darker background, etc)
  • Add a way to include NPC stat boxes
  • On the map, allow for different colored text
  • On the map, allow for "big" versions of things like objective tokens, villagers, etc, that are placed off the map and labeled, like many official quests have.
  • On the map, allow for arrows or lines to point from certain labels to wherever you want.
  • Search tokens without numbers on them (I don't like the "1" printed on them, but maybe it's just me).

Overall, I'm finding it a very useful tool, however!

Edited by sigmazero13
eljolly likes this

Sigma,

I agree the text boxes would be useful (including for NPC's.) In terms of "big" versions of objective tokens, check out my quest "Tidings of Gloom." I think the feature you're talking about is already in there, unless I'm mistaken. Right click on a token and "Add info." Stand alone arrows are not yet included. I, too, would like the "potentially unique" search token marker with the star. I don't mind the numbers, as in most quests the search token locations are dependent on hero count. I never actually use the "1," just the other numbers.

I'll take a look at that Add Info thing.

Also, Sigma- I just discovered that if you use "Add Info" but place the large icon directly over a token that's off the map, you'll get the desired effect of a labeled large icon. You can use "add info" in other ways to get an arrow to a token on the map.

While on the topic of a wishlist- now that we've got Nerekhall as an expansion that's accessible in the quest vault, in addition to text boxes for flavor text, NPC stats, etc, it would be really nice to have an Influence Effect box. That would add a bunch of possibilities for quest design.

* remove quest (if u would like to remove ur quest)

* remove encounter 2 (so u can remove encounter 2 if u like after added)

* add encounter 3 (if u would have 3 encounters)

* add all old tokens from descent 1 (old tokens can come in handy for the ones that have descent 1)

Looking back on this wishlist, I have some more things that I would love to see in the quest vault:

1. Influence effects- I'll restate this, because it would be incredible to have that functionality for custom quests. Currently, I'm limited to saying "Green spiral token: effect 1. Purple looping token: effect 2. Yellow sharp-looking token: effect 3."

2. Unique search token locations- A search token with the asterisk as the symbol instead of the number- it's much better than  "put the unique search token in one of the locations marked '2'."

There are also some things that would be nice, but understandable that they're not there:

1. Dice icons- this goes along with special boxes for NPCs, so that say, a town guard could roll blue red, and defend with a gray.

2. The ability to subtract an encounter, that is to turn a quest from 2 encounters back to just 1.

eljolly likes this

For the Nerekhall influence things, if nothing else just having the three icons available as "tokens" would be huge - you could put them outside the map and just add text.  Not as idea as "official" looking boxes for them, but they would serve in a pinch.

Zaltyre - for the Unique Search Tokens, you could just use the unique token that's in the Tokens list to mark them.  Not quite the same as the * tokens the official books use for those, but they would be better than nothing for now.

Another few "token" things I'd like to see:

- Threat/Fortune tokens. I know they aren't normally on the map, but I've got so many of them I've been thinking of some quests to use the excess ones (for things other than threat/fortune).

- Infection tokens (if you wanted to use them in a quest somehow).  I noticed the Valor tokens are in the list already.

- Maybe a few more "X" icons in different colors (in both the 1x1 and 2x2 sizes)

Sigma- thanks, I've taken to marking them with the "1" search tokens, as those rarely get used for anything else.

As for the unique spaces, I agree multiple colors would be good- you can also use the "add info" feature to label one as "Unique space A" and another as "Unique space B," if that helps.

I don't know why valor tokens have icons, exactly. Hero tokens would be more useful.

My suggestion for the quest editor:

- Much more readable map tile numbers on final map or some sort of list which map tiles would be required to build the map

Dice icons to go with Text would be usefull!
Also the ability to Eliminate a Quest. There is a lot of TESTs in the vault!