Sign in to follow this  
Ken at Sunrise

Applied Perspective

AP is great, their stuff is perfect.
I recommend against the mirrored templates though. I have a set and I feel, especially for the range ruler, that transparent ones work best because you can see through it, obviously. I guess that doesn't matter much with movement templates, but...anyways.
I'm gonna be ordering a set of the huge ship templates before too long, in trans dark blue and the range ruler set in trans red. Being able to see through it really helps in those close-to-two-ranges situations

I have a set of the blue mirrored templates, and they are indeed awesome. I've gotten lots of comments about them.

I also got a set of range rulers, one in each size (Range 3, 2 & 1). I decided on mirrored red for the Range 3 and mirrored green for the other two, mainly because those are the colors on the official range ruler.

Good point about getting them without the mirroring, though. That makes a lot of sense.

I have a set of blue mirrored and red mirrored and they're great. I also got a custom range 2 and range 1 ruler, TOTALLY worth it.

I also got some of the Droid and EPT markers because they're handy. Sadly they look more yellow then green, but functionally they are still nice to have, for those rare cases where you want to mark R2-F2 or Marksmanship for an entire round.

Applied Perspectives is great in quality, service, and price. There's a couple things I want from, but am waiting in the hopes he'll offer some epic tokens and cloak tokens soon, as well as a range 5 ruler (though if you have a 3 and 2, you are basically already set).

They have the epic token and ruler set out now.

I recommend the Mirrored Blue for maneuvering, but Flourescent Green (or whatever your favorite color is) for the Range. I have Transparent Red and Green rulers, and they just look black on a black mat.

I have the silver mirrored.  (Can't say whether or not the following is true for the blue/red/green-mirrored)

They look awesome right out of the box, but fingerprints show up in a very obvious way.  Scratches on the mirror backing also show up noticeably.  And it's not a big problem, but mirrored templates have a "right side" and a "wrong side" up.

I don't regret the purchase, and they're quality templates, but I'd choose a different style if I could do it over again.

I just order a set of Movement templates and Range ruler today form Applied Perspective. I opted for the transparent red as I have the regionals green Movement and store champs ruler. That will give me the respective colors for each side. Here is a link for the web site for everyone : http://www.appliedperspective.com/acrylic/

I use the Mirrored Blue templates and went with the Fluorescent Green for the range ruler. They both work awesome and get lots of comments.

On a side note that Fluorescent Green matches the color of the Store Championship rulers.

Edit Fluorescent dangit not transparent.

Edited by Rambler

Get flourescent, not transparent colors. I thought transparent would look better, but they just look black on a black mat. Flourescent sort of glows so is more functional.