Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aramithius

Location-based critical damage - separate or stupid?

27 posts in this topic

Ah yes, that's right. Sorry, been playing mostly OW these days :)

No worries, at first I was like "oh shi-", but then I remembered there was a switch. ;)

... though I have to say, I still don't really like the "bonus DoS" you get for free nowadays, but that's probably just because DH was my first game of this system, and the change felt a bit random/arbitrary.

I remember feeling really weird when I told one of my players, "You succeed with zero degrees of success." The new method feels more natural, though it did feel strange making the switch between systems.

Lynata likes this

Ah yes, that's right. Sorry, been playing mostly OW these days :)

No worries, at first I was like "oh shi-", but then I remembered there was a switch. ;)

... though I have to say, I still don't really like the "bonus DoS" you get for free nowadays, but that's probably just because DH was my first game of this system, and the change felt a bit random/arbitrary.

I remember feeling really weird when I told one of my players, "You succeed with zero degrees of success." The new method feels more natural, though it did feel strange making the switch between systems.

Hmm... for us,  it was always "well, yeah, you suceed... not gloriously, but whatever you tried somewhat worked"

certainly, it isn't useful in opposed test (unless you use Darth Smeg's Rule which I haven't tested yet) but it worked well enough for us. In fact, it also made some situations easier, at least from the wording... but that's just cosmetics, so whatever. And the other system has it's upsides as well, so I don't really know yet, which notation I'd rather stick with :S