Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rakky Wistol

Developing List (subtype): Apex Predators

78 posts in this topic

Outmaneuver can also be good, I'll have to run the numbers on it. This was just in reply to the effectiveness of Predator, is all. Predator is one of the easiest EPTs to use, that's for sure. It has no drawback other than its cost and consumption of the EPT slot.

Isn't that pretty much the same battle plan I drew up a page or two ago?

You expect me to remember all my good ideas and All of your's? U B crazy.

It's about list building. I'm not sure exactly where it will end up falling but it takes some of the "new" tactics/ships to get it to work. RGP was needed as a high PS flanker, defender was needed as a mobile HLC platform (firespray works but attracts different attention and big bad gets in the way of up close BR's).

Edited by Rakky Wistol

Well, first there was this:

You're supposed to slow roll with the shuttle, and flank with the TIEs. Your opponent is then forced to either focus all his attention on the shuttle while he takes a pounding from behind (where, again, Outmaneuver would probably be a lot better), or turn his attention toward the TIEs while the shuttle and Vader similarly go to town. Either way your opponent is going to expose a vulnerability somewhere, at which point you take complete advantage of the situation. I'd still prefer to take a Firespray with Recon Spec over those gratuitous shuttle upgrades and a third or fourth TIE, thereby adding another valuable element to your list - the ability to kite. 

Remember, slow roll your shuttle. Make liberal use of the 0 and 1 maneuvers, and if your opponent is stupid enough to come after it anyways, bite him in the ass.  

And then there was this, which sort of inferred the same thing (i.e. flanking tactics over a direct approach):

In the end, Outmaneuver vs Predator will come down to playstyle.

I suppose, if your play style is to face tank with a couple of individual TIEs. Jousting typically favors swarms. A couple BSPs? Not so much.

But to answer your question, yes, if we're going to discuss lists I expect you to at least remember the context in which they're being fielded.Two or three TIEs in a flanking role, paired with other craft that forces your opponent to choose from equally bad options, was always the object of my commentary. 

My question is, how were you using them before you adopted this strategy, and what else was in the list?

Edited by WonderWAAAGH