Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chip Damage

match analysis and clarification

11 posts in this topic

Watch "Final - Milano goes to Stahleck 2014 - Game of Th…" on YouTube

Final - Milano goes to Stahleck 2014 - Game of Th…:

At 26:45 they start resolving their plots. Was this done correctly? I thought the palace of sorrows should have resolved in its entirety first and then red wedding, leaving no legal target and therefore nothing resolving. I just wish to understand what exactly occurred here.

You kind of lost me at "watch this video for 26+ minutes in order to answer the question," so I have no idea what the actual situation is. However, I can tell you the following about the interaction between Palace of the Sorrows and Red Wedding:

With Palace resolving first, it does resolve entirely. However, the cards chosen to be returned to the deck remain on the table, moribund, for the resolution of Red Wedding. So a Lord or Lady character chosen for Palace is still on the table and available to be chosen by the opponent for RW while in the "moribund:deck" state. However, a moribund card cannot be removed from play a second time. That means if one of the two cards chosen for RW is moribund because of Palace, the other MUST be chosen to die (and the moribund character gets 2 power before being put physically on the deck). If both are moribund, neither can be chosen to die and RW stops there.

Like I said, I didn't watch the video. But that's how RW And Palace would work together if Palace went first and returned either the only Lord or the only Lady to the deck.

Watch "Final - Milano goes to Stahleck 2014 - Game of Th…" on YouTube

Final - Milano goes to Stahleck 2014 - Game of Th…:

At 26:45 they start resolving their plots. Was this done correctly? I thought the palace of sorrows should have resolved in its entirety first and then red wedding, leaving no legal target and therefore nothing resolving. I just wish to understand what exactly occurred here.

Guys, just one question - maybe I was not paying attention - Martell on the right take 7 cards, do setup with 4 cards (3:37) then replenish 5 cards from the deck (3:48-3:54) ?

Edited by Miklos

Nope. I think that's the M:tG rule? The AGoT tournament rules allow a single "do over" mulligan of the full 7-card setup hand.

Has there been any discussion on the boards about the set up and the fact that it would appear 5 cards were drew to replace 4.

Genuine mistake anyone ?

Nope. I think that's the M:tG rule? The AGoT tournament rules allow a single "do over" mulligan of the full 7-card setup hand.

Indeed, the M:tG rule is you can mulligan multiple times, taking one fewer card each time. Because of Rule by Decree, this would be a terrible idea for AGoT.

Has there been any discussion on the boards about the set up and the fact that it would appear 5 cards were drew to replace 4.

Genuine mistake anyone ?

No more discussion than what I've seen posted here.

He does appear to take an extra card to me as well. 

Mistakes happen - they happen often, that late in the day. Even if it weren't, there's nothing that can be done about it at this point - so why fret over something you can do nothing about, and probably was just an accident anyway?